Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Flattened squirrel......

Did you ever have to make up your mind?
You pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind?
Decide. Pick.  Opt.  Wanna go out to eat tonight honey?  If you do.  Where do you wanna go?  I don't care, what sounds good to you?
Did you ever have to finally decide?
And say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide?
I, am not going any dayum where.  I'm gonna stay home from now until November whenever that election is.....  I'm gonna study, study, study, the election ads on TV...  yeah baby, a smorgasbord of fingernails on the chalkboard....  here, this shot will help numb your gum, it'll make things a lot smoother for your root canal.. 
Sometimes there's one with deep blue eyes, cute as a bunny
With hair down to here and plenty of money
And just when you think she's that one in the world
Your heart gets stolen by some mousy little girl
Oh crap, sorry.. they're talking about dating, deciding which, that. Eh, I think I'm past that, maybe, probably, eh, I dunno.  WAIT.  Did you mention plenty of money?  JUST KIDDING.
And then you know you better make up your mind
And pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind?
I started this stupid blog........ envisioning each and every one of you.  (Victor, there are usually only two that read this.)  Yeah, them.  From every walk of life... Yeah, mostly old farts..  Many different situations..  locations...   got pets.. don't got pets..  INTERESTS..  many different interests.  I actually love that about life.  Quilts.  My ex girlfriend who would go to Piggly Wiggly, straight to the coffee bean section.. they had 20 levers/kinds/roasts..  ya pull to get a little bitta ground coffee... she'd grab a bag and take a little bit of each.
Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue.. I can sing a rainbow.  Victor, get back in the shower - we don't wanna hear it.  OK, yes.  We're different on music. Thank goodness for all them differen't whatever ya call 'ems (Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, that)..  You here, me there, we allover, we different. We decide.  That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I/you, like it.
Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her
And then you get distracted by her older sister
When in walks her father and takes you in line
And says, "Better go home, son, and make up your mind"
Ruh roh..  That young man is in trouble.  I think the wise decision might be to seek a chicky at another address.CHICKY? MISOGYNIST!  AM NOT!
Then you bet you'd better finally decide
And say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide?

Almost everything is different. Some don't get no snow.  Some slalom.  Some gotta lakehouse..  Nah, no thanks, we're ten minutes from the Beach.  I'm:  married, divorced, separated, a widow...  Live:  alone... with my honey.. raising my grand... have one kid back at home...  Differn't...

I sit in this chair, and daily, I wonder.  I wonder about you.  Yeah you.  What you like. Where you live.  How your health is.  How your, I dunno, mental comfort is.  Are you an out-and-about with BFF's from forever and a day ago........or, gimme a dayum book, turn off the TV, it's ok, jump up here kitty.  No cats for me, I'm a dog person.  I travel too much, gone from home too much, shouldn't/don't have one.  I, over here, don't want one. Or, do you (still) hold hands, snuggle up, bingewatch something?

The common denominator....... is, there ain't one.  Mebbe your check engine light came on and that's how you arrived here.  Maybe we usedta know each other when we could still run, jump, play catch, stay up until midnight.. that stuff.  Maybe we don't really know each other, never met, that's intriguing too.

I think, mebbe, we're all simply looking for happy.  Life should be that.  It's a steeplechase, and most of us are too dayum tired to run, jump, dip our toes in that puddle and still be able to stand up. Too tired to race. How can yer have any pudding if yer don't jump yer puddle?  Screw that, pass the apple pie.

Gimme peace.  Or quiet.  Or loud, if that's your kinda perk.  I actually kinda do like cranking the music when I'm stopped at an intersection. No, not brave enough for the windows to be down. But, I kinda like/hope I draw that attention "Look at that dayum geezer over there!"  I equate, when the music is loud - to happy.  I like happy, I decided, and I think it rubs off.

Oft times, I fill up the loose leaf notebook of life by doing the same damn thing every day.  Mosta the time, that works, truly, it does - at least for me.  I love that my brain turns to you - and, wish I could be a drone so I could follow you around, see your life, howya live, what ya like...  Do ya like good music?  Yeah yeah. That sweet soul music.  Actually, I like Bach.  New Country.  Nah, Patsy, Hank and Merle for me.  The Stones.  AC/DC.  I like the lights dimmed, no noise whatsoever.

There is too much ugly in our World, lives, that we can't take a rag and wipe it like a dry erase board.

Near as I can tell, we're all different in our likes, loves, situations, climates, houses, this, that, whatever, wherever...

We all seemingly just want a happy ride out... be that via horseback, pontoon boat, 2002 Buick Century, Uber, bike, F150, electric bike, Vespa, Harley, yada.

LOOK OUT!!!!!! SQUIRREL!!!!!!! Kerplunk kerplunk.  Just kiddin, it's a blog.

I hope you opt for smiley today. I'm gonna try.

Forward by Rocket J. Squirrel

Edited by Raymond J. Johnson, of "NOOO!!! You don't have to call me Johnson! My name is Raymond J. Johnson Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. . . but you doesn't hasta call me Johnson!" - fame

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

When your baby leaves you all alone

And nobody calls you on the phone A-don't you feel like a-cryin'? Don't you feel like cryin'? Well, here I am, a-honey A-com...