Wednesday, August 14, 2024

(Just like) Starting Over

The below is actually a 'love story'.... that ain't what this is about... kinda.  

Our life together is so precious together
We have grown, we have grown
Although our love is still special
Let's take a chance and fly away somewhere alone

August 7th, or maybe August 8th... I have/had a joint Facebook account with my son.  He deactivated his account.  I think he possibly temporarily deactivated mine as well as my entire list of Friends was wiped out. There's no getting mad.  He didn't do it with intent.  And maybe, it was something I did? I dunno.
It's been too long since we took the time
No one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you, darling
It's like we both are falling in love again
It'll be just like starting over (over)
Starting over (over)
Sooooooo.... I thought, it's ok... just find a button,.... click it... that don't work, get aholda Facebook, that'll do it.  Ahhhhhh, nope.
Every day, we used to make it love
Why can't we be making love nice and easy?
It's time to spread our wings and fly
Don't let another day go by, my love
It'll be just like starting over (over)
Starting over (over)
I truly don't remember how many friends were on there.  800 mebbe?  So, just send 'em a new Friend request, that'll do it. (HA!  Better'n a Far Side cartoon - be for real Victor, of course they'll flush your request down the toilet.
Why don't we take off alone?
Take a trip somewhere far, far away
We'll be together all alone again
Like we used to in the early days
Well, well, darling
It's been too long since we took the time
No one's to blame, I know time flies so quickly
But when I see you, darling
It's like we both are falling in love again
It'll be just like starting over (over)
Starting over (over)
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo...  'Tag' some (former) friends... "xplain Lucy"..  ask 'em to send YOU a friend request (if they are so inclined.)  That, may be a good plan for mice.  HUH?  You know, 'best laid plans of mice and men.'
(Look out!)
Our life together is so precious together
We have grown, mm, we have grown
Oh, although our love still is special
Let's take).
Let's compare it to 'the real world'.  Skeery ain't it? Do you, would you - want a 'do over'? Hell to the yes, "AND, I'd like to Supersize my McIRA please".....
But... but.... but...   REAL LIFE?  Do over?   Put your hand over your eye.  Spread your fingers justa tad... peek out...  at...     Job interviews?  Dating?  Diapers?  (Victor, you MISOGYNIST, you failed to mention CHILDBIRTH...)  oh yeah, that too. Sorry.
(Over and over and over)
Starting over (over)
Ooh (over and over and over)
Ah! (Over), ah! (Over)
Ah! (Over), ah! (Over)
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!

What if......... what if... you threw a party and nobody came?  I reckon that's the risk I run, but if that did happen, I'd grab me a handy 6-pack of Modelo Negra (Victor, you HATE dark beer).. yeah, but not that one,it's the bomb. Try it.

It (getting 800 friends wiped out) is just like anything else.  "It is what it is."  There ARE MUCH WORSE "It is what it is's"........

If you are so inclined, please shoot me a friend request.  It'd tickle me innards.

“Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.” – Marsha Petrie Sue

Eh, I reckon.  Love Peace and Soul....... Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...