Saturday, September 14, 2024

No one with books is ever alone, even in the darkest moments.....

That ain't what this is about.

I'm in the library (long-short story, laptop at home kaput, phone battery dead/dying, wadn't charging very fast at home... thus, the library. 20" monitor, I feel like I'm driving a Caddy btw.)  Anyways, in BIG LETTERS on the wall was the 'book saying sentence.'

I'd earlier thought about doing a blog on steering.  Then again, thought, whotheheck am I to provide guidance.  Still, two quick steering stories.

Funeral. Victor, you've told this one already.  Bite me, this is what old people do, this is a recording.  I, along with cousins, maybe an uncle, close friends, were pallbearers for an uncle. (Mighta been an aunt, can't remember)...... Anyways, 6 of us and the 80-something funeral director at the wheel headed from the funeral to the cemetery. TBC

The old feller drove, top speed, 28mph.  All good, small town, everyone knew everyone.  Each, every car that approached, 'turned their lights on, pulled over to the sidea the road in respect."  Well, almost each, every car.  Those that didn't, as they got a car length or two from the 80 yr old funeral director hearse driving feller - and they hadn't pulled over - he'd purposely jerk the steering wheel into their lane simply to say "Have a little respect ya whippersnapper" and, to get them thinking "he's gonna hit me!"  Almost under his breath, we learned some new words.  I happen to think levity and funerals could, should go hand in hand.  I mean (don't ever believe anyone who normally starts a sentence with "I mean", then, they don't.)  I mean, don't the vast majority of us like 'light/fun' en route to that point?

Steering tale #2.  I used the term tale loosely, as the storyteller was my father.  He thrived on telling stories and he thrived even higher when listeners would raise one eyebrow in thinking "nuh uh, that dude is pulling our leg" as he spoke.  Anyways, he tells me he once had a car the steering had gone out.  In true Schultze fashion, he knew a shade tree mechanic that would undoubtedly save him fitty bucks.  Except. he claims, the shade tree feller hooked the steering up bassackwards - thus, when he veered right, car went left - and vice versa.  I, don't know the difference between a walnut and a lugnut, so I couldn't tellya if this were true/possible, he swears so.  Anyways, it was quite the venture home, did hit one pole (bent the fender back out later), but, home, all in one piece. TBC, kinda.

Golfer buddy, teammate in our group yesterday.  Hit a nice shot but it was a few yards to the right of the flagstick - as it descended he hollered "KICK LEFT!"...  the ball landed, it bounded the opposite way, to which, my buddy immediately hollered "The OTHER left."

There are moments (tell the truth Victor, hours, days, weeks, months) where I ain't got the interest in blogging, cleaning house, taking off two compression socks to enable showering, showering, cooking, driving, getting outta pj's, ok, t-shirt and undies, lots.  I sometimes lose my will to do lots.

So................  I Googled "Good songs to use in blogging."  I shoulda known they didn't unnerstand 'the hell' I meant, cause oft times I write here in the black and white and I know you have trouble unnerstanding, ha, me too!

Google handed me:  9 of the best songs to listen to when you need motivation.

I knew two.

First was, "I Will Survive."  Pardon my French, 'Botter le cul'... if that ain't onea the most 'Botter le cul' songs EVER, I'll eat this 8 and 1/2 by 11. Botter le cul = kick ass.

Second was "The Impossible Dream"  All well and good, but I ain't much into syrupy.  I even use sugar free syrup on my blueberry pancakes.  Chirpy, sappy, syrupy, "Give it a hunnerd and ten percent" - no thanks.  I do enjoy the vocal, audially, but to me, it's like having all the extra utensils, plates, bowls infronta ya for a 5 course meal when sitting at the counter of the Awful Waffle.  A tad much.

There was one called 'Rise' and it was written, sung by Katy Perry.  We all have our opines, but, her eyes drive me nuts, she seems to be someone, even I, could sit down with on the sofa and have a fun, easy conversation.  That's short for, dayum she's hot (to me at least.)

Somea the lyrics:


Oh ye of so little faith,
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it.
Victory is in my veins
I know it, I know it
And I will not negotiate
I'll fight it, I'll fight it.

Yeah yeah yeah, again, chirpy, my take.  She looked great on the video, still, too much sugar, kinda domineering, challenging lyrics.

I just want, enjoy nice, happy, light.  Sorry I steered off the path of norm, but, at least I finished a dadgum blog.

I'm so excited.  I just can't hide it. (Like Pat Paulsen mebbe,) I'm about to lose control I think I like it.

Yes please, scattered, smothered and covered.      Comin' right up!

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...