Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Who the heck is Wilbert?

Wilbert... Wibert Harrison, that's who the the heck, he wrote this song.

What song?

Kansas City, THAT song.

Victor, we've been thru this. No one cares about KC like you do. Whaddaya say to that?

Just hop off the bus Gus. Make a new plan Stan. Go to the nude beach, sleep on your back, get a sunburn, I don't care. Go do the NYT crossword puzzle, that'll keepya occupied for a year.  

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there
And I'm gonna get me one.

Well Wilbert, with this 7 game losing streak, that (gettin' you a woman) wasn't my first thought.

I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Of Twelfth Street and Vine
I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Of Twelfth Street and Vine
With my Kansas City baby
And a bottle of Kansas City wine.
Drink whatever wine you want Wilbert. That Winking Owl crap is cheap at Aldi's, aint bad. We're a moderate, modest City, Lotta folks here do that box wine stuff.
And oh, Wilbert, BTW, the ballpark ain't downtown yet. Hop on I-70, go a few miles East.  We're sinkin', need all the fan support we can get.  It (the 7 game losing streak) is only a flesh wound, nuttin' a little Salv can't heal, right Senor' Perez?

Well I might take a train
I might take a plane, but if I have to walk
I'm going just the same
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come
They got some crazy lil' women there
And I'm gonna get me one.

Dangit Wilbert, ya don't need no train, plane, you're only like 5 miles from the ballpark. Heck, everything is up to date in Kansas City, fetch an Uber or a Lyft.
Oh but you know yeah

Now if I stay with that woman, I know I'm gonna die
Gotta find a brand new baby
That's the reason why
I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come

Whatever Wilbert, we just need to turn this thing around. They've heard all year "you can't do it, heck you only won fitty-six games last year."  Nope, huh uh. Team meeting, pass out a ton of 'Q Tips', get that crap outta your ear.
They got some crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one
They got some crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one
They got some crazy lil' women there and I'm gonna get me one
You do you Wilbert, it's all good. Hey guys?  Crank a little Aerosmith. Wacha This Way mebbe. Thin Lizzy, right Issie? Mebbe Maikel Row The Boat Ashore? Howabout We Are Phamily, eh Tommy? McArthur Park?

To git ridda the vermin (right Fermin) we gotta start with a Sethoscope. Need a shrink? Call in Frazier.
We don't need no stinking badges, or, a Lynch mob...a Lynchpin will do, Si, Daniel?
Chow down first, maybe some Foot Longs (Sam, you grab em), try a little DeJong mustard atop...some Cole slaw... give em allya got. Build the bodies, start Loftin homers.
It's far from over. We ain't heard no fat lady Singer.
Levity. Mebbe we just need some humor, Witt, eh Junior?
Maybe I should've been a cowboy, not a blogger.
Let's win today, go back to Kansas City tomorrow for a Chief's win (Mahomes, Mahomes on the range)
Thanks for not swattin' me.
Anybody here, seen my old friend Pasquatch?
Love, Victurd
(Blog done on Android phone using 71 yr old eyes, sorry about quality, lack thereof.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...