Friday, June 24, 2022

When it's least expected.......

I vote smile the moment your tippy toes hit the ground as you exit the bed each day - ie, get that crap done/over early, then ya ain't gotta worry about it.

I jest, but sometimes kinda sorta.

Every.  Every girl I've fallen for...... every person I've befriended long term...  Every which way but loose, NO, scratch that one.  I'd Googled "songs with the word 'Every' in the title" thinking maybe I could find one that would make someone laugh, couldn't, sorry. Every girl I've fallen for - wonderful smile, same with folks I befriend.

Oh yeah... EVERY.  Smiles, to me, loom large.  I was gonna say "Smiles loom large" BUT, for someone else they may not.  I'm old, I can say stuff bugs me. Like.  Like when someone starts to tell a story and prefaces with "Funny story... " and then follows telling their story.  I'm like, "Lady, you waityour turn for a laugh, 'cause WE'LL decide if it's a funny story or not."

So, smiles, MY OPINE, loom large.  What's the saying?  "Find the kinda friend who makes something like going to the gas station to fill up - fun."  Wow, like today, with gas prices as they are, if that person is of the opposite sex, you have fun, ask 'em to marry ya.  If they ain't, ask 'em if you can borrow twenty."  Victor, not everyone is attracted to the opposite sex.   YOU'RE not making this blog about smiles, smiley!  But.. you are correct.  So I should say, "Find the kinda friend who /makes something like going to the gas station to fill up - fun, and love 'em if you like 'em."  That work?  Just always remember, "No glove, no love," er, I mean, "No gas, no .squeegee."

Where I was going, before I drove everyone past Quick Trip and their gosh forsaken $6/gallon gas - was to smile. Smiles are the foam mattress pad to siff bed... the salt shaker to an extra dry piece of baked chicken.  Smiles (other's smiles) precede thoughts "you are yummy', "you look fun", "come on, I'll drive, we'll get in trouble together," or, did you really answer the company phone "State Farm, this is Jake."?

So, imagine my surprise when I Google 'how smiles are misconstrued' and I find out they've been studying smiles since 1835.  Why?  What happened in 1835 to makeya wanna study smiles? Well... the first assassination attempt on a President.... Wars.. hella wars.. The Ragamuffin War in Brazil..The Texas Revolution.. The Second Seminole War.. Civil War in Uruguay.. OK OK, I get it.

Come to find out, they claim "5 types of smiles."  These studies, btw, are taken by 'need to know' snooty patooties.  Like, jury consultants, recruitment consultants, forensic psychologists, crisis negotiators, espionage personnel, yada.

1. Duchenne's smile.   Huh? Dunno the origin, but this is supposed to be THE MOST genuine smile... one where the corners of your mouth go up so far, they make ya have happy eyes by squinting and ya ultimately get crow's feet.

2. Fake smile. OK, I guess we do know this one.  There are a kajillion and one fake smiles that follow the word "cheese." (This differs from being in a crowd, someone cuts the cheese, so ya smirk-smile.)  "Say cheese smiles" are fake.  Like the ones in the hallway when you walk by your boss... or, you use it when you're seated at a table with your wife and her best friend, and her best friend, well.. I don't think she's stopped talking since 1835, so that's one time to fake smile.

3. Uncomfortable smile. Scroll to above, yes, I guess you could use this one if it so happens you were the one that farted in a crowd... of, you hear someone say something inappropriate.. or, you just need to cover your feelings.

4. A seductive smile. I think these went by the wayside some time ago cause I ain't seen one since....ok, I jest again.  "Based on a study by  Riiggio, (whoever that is), when people try to flirt usually shows a positive effect. With a faint smile accompanied by direct eye contact, a gentle look but there is a wave of suppressed smile."  I kinda harken to call that jumno mumbo BS, and a seductive smile is one that speaks "Oh baby oh baby, hey Diane let's run off behind a shady tree and dispense with the Bobbie Brooks," or something like that.

And finally,

5. The sarcastic smile.  You use this one on people that are just quite frankly idiots. VICTOR!  Well, sorry, ya just do.  It's a "Did you just get here" smile..  or, a "You have got to be sh*tting me, right?" smile. Or, as maybe they woulda said in the movie Sandlot, "Did your mom have any kids that lived?"

I still love smiles, even after researching all that junk. Smiles, real ones, equal happy. Happy makes the medicine go down, the sun come up so one can dream for a seductive smile. Or a sarcastic one to make fun of your friends.  

Dankeschoen.. no Victor, damnit, uncomfortable smile here.. that's Wayne Newton's song.. You must mean Duchenne smile.  Oh yeah, that's it. Crow's feet. I want a heapin' helpin' o them so I'll get crow's feet.

Life's a gas, or can be, if your friend is fun to go get gas with.  Of, if you've got gas, you poot, and you get an uncomfortable smile because you ain't sure it was 'gas only', then you finally get to a john, realize it was just gas, Duchenne baby, Duchenne.

Have smiles...  (Duchenne, sarcastic, seductive, fake ones... all the fun kinds.) No squeegee no gas though.

Love, Victurd, no gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...