Tuesday, September 20, 2022

A kiss is justa kiss... . but...it's only 4 letters......

Wordle........

Damnit, wordle.

There's nicotine, booze, drugs, sex, gambling,........

You awaken..... there's slobber on your pillow.. you flip it over.  No matter, you still have visions of sugarplums..... no, that ain't it.. you still have visions of gray, green, yellow --- letters...

Ya wakeup feeling like onea Pavlov's dogs?  Don't lie to me slobberbreath.  Ya do.  Damnit.  So do I.

October, 2021, Wordle created.  November 1, 2021, ninety, yes, you read that right, NINETY players. By the end of January, 2022, millions.. yep, millions of us addicted. As the peepers open, the slobber pillow tossed aside, all we can think about is Wordle.  Well, after we pee that is... then, it's Wordle. (If you are a lady and you're peeing, you're probably already thinking about Wordle possibilities as you sit.  If you are a man, you aim to, but only after you aim, flush, walk (run) to the computer.

Seven figures.  Lemme count.  Minimally, that'd be $1,000,000. Seven is hella more than five, so, a high five to Wordle creator Josh Wardle. "Low seven figures" is what he recently sold the game Wordle to The New York Times. Ahm, he still works.  Please don't shoot me Josh, but 'dummy' is five letters.

Compare is seven letters, but it we must, 1% get Wordle correctly the very first time, or, basically blind ass luck. After 2 tries (and yes, I found an article completely about attempting to solve Wordle in two tries, advice for same).   28% solve it after two letters.  While I've yet to accomplish this, I've had several friends do so on Facebook, and I hate you all.

Another 38% solve it in 3 tries....... 20% get it in five.... 7% on the sixth try.. and... Drum roll...... but first (first is five letters).. First, band camp, I forever said "If I strikeout in slowpitch, I am NEVER ever playing again"  Well, I struck out. Penalty for same on the team I played on was to purchase a 30-pack for all to share the next game (Pepsi of course, since it's 5 letters. Maybe it was Coors, I don't remember.)  Could be worse. Another team in the league I played in, if you struckout, you had to wear a 'tu-tu' in the next half inning out on the field.  While 'tu-tu' is only 4 letters, it's for friggin' sure SHAME is five. 

Where was I?  Oh yeah, striking out.  I did that. I digressed.  "Well, OK, I struck out, but I enjoy playing so much, I'm going to keep doing so until I'm a detriment to my team." (My softball 'career' ended in 2017, don't ask.)

Drum still rolling (think, inagaddadavida baby, which is 14 letter, and yes, pretty much continuous.).  ONE PERCENT do not solve the puzzle in the maximum 6 tries. Damnit darnit, yes, I've 'struck out' a few times.  I enjoy 'the game' so though (fun, something to look forward to besides hearing aid, life insurance, and burial solicitations I get in snail mail almost daily coupled with ED ads in email. How DO they know?) I will continue to play until it is detrimental to my health, as if the 7 cigarette butts accumulated in the ashtray whilst playing tweren't enough.

SO WHOINTHEHELL IS THE BEST AT THIS?  I'm glad you asked.  The ones that are really, really good on Facebook, I long ago unfriended them for that.  Hehe.  Google tells me the Swedes are the level best (solving at a 3.72 average) followed by the Poles, Switzerland folks, and 4th place, the Aussies.

But what 'bout Merica?  Again, glad you asked.  North Dakotans be the best.  They plan to one up their neighbor South Dakota by carving the faces of FIVE in granite.. no idea about who the 5th will be after George, Thomas, Theodore and Abe.  I understand Don feels he is worthy.  Hehe  Get mad if you like, I'm good.

THE best city solvers in the US reside in St. Paul, MN. Notables in the top ten cities, Ann Arbor, living on Tulsa time, and thirteen hundred and fifty-two guitar pickers in Nashville.

You can.  There are a kajillion math nerds out there.  You can.  You can Google the best starting word(s), the best 'first two tries', one guy played the game a million times in his computer.. you can find all those articles, but, fair warning, if you kick my butt I will unriend you.  Hehe.

Yeah but........

Yeah but......

The hell does kiss have to do with anyihing?

I'm so glad you asked. Josh Wardle, aka Wordle inventor, aka "Dummy" (5 letters) for still working, moved to 'Merica.. went to college, then grad school.  Presently, a software engineer for Brooklyn based MSCHF.  MSCHF created Lil Nas X's (he's a country rapper) "Satan Shoes."  Holy guacamole it created a stir.  They used the Nike logo, Nike sued. They included a pentagram and an inverted cross, MSCHF claims they are made with '60cc of ink and 1 drop of human blood." (yuck, or yucky, five letters.)  They only sold 666 pair of these shoes ($1018 apiece) and......

It's (the shoes) compared to a comic book published by Marvel Comics in 1977 based on the rock band Kiss, for which one of the members mixed vials of their own blood into the red ink used for printing the books.  YUCK(Y).

On your mark, get set, Wordle........ (but don't beat me)

By Henry Gibson.......... Forward by Five Guys Hamburgers, the Dave Clark Five, Hawaii 5 -0, The Firth Dimension, George Brett (#5), the Fab Five, the Jackson 5, the Dionne quintriplets, the 5 senses....

High Five, Gimme Five.......

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...