Friday, September 23, 2022

Someone knockin' at the door...

In this song by the Beatles...... Victor, this ain't the Beatles.  It was written in 1976 by Paul McCartney and performed by Wings. Oh, k, thanks.

In the song 'Someone Knocking At My Door' by Wings..   Victor.. the name of the song is 'Let 'Em In'.   Oh, k, thanks (and sorry.)

Damnit darnit where was I?

What is your take when someone knocks at your door?  Excitement?  Go the hell away? Plan a speech as you walk to the door?  Hide? Don't answer the door?

I'll be frank, which is not to be confused with Zappa, Sinatra, 'lin Roosevelt, or -furter....

I don't like when someone (physically) knocks at my door.  It's about self image is why, but that's a story for another novel, and this is a blog.

In this instance - it means 'someone knocking at the door of your life', and that, after admitted 'arm's length judgment' (just shoot me, but I think we all do it), I love letting someone in my life.

Since I'll admit to (initially) being judgmental, I ain't a fan of cliques, BIG TIME ain't a fan of cliques.  (Victor, did you take your Wellbutrin, this all sounds VERY negative?) Stymie halt, wait justa minute, wait justa gol durn minute and lemme type, try to explain what I mean, then it'll get positive, I'm positive!

So Victor, lemme see if I've got this right.  You're judgmental but you're not a fan of cliques. Are you ambidextrous too because you're talking out of both sides of your mouth? Hold on horseface, I'll try to explain.

To me, a clique is like....... say you're leaving WallyWorld, and while you usually come for one or two items, you end up spending a hunnerd-plus, you carry enough bags to cut your circulation off as you race from the car to your front door.  THIS TIME though, you leave WallyWorld and you don't buy anything. SO.  You try to exit the entrance, but there's those 'bar/gate things' that won't let you through.  To me, that's what a clique is..  a gate that's unattended, already made up it's mind, and... you ain't goin' no damn where.

Interesting. Carry on, if you must.  I must. I think most of us, at least me, 'attend' the gate as someone enters your life... you won't ever stop them from passing though, you'll be friendly, nice, treat them as you would want to be treated - but befriending is a different thing.

You're still not making it real clear Victor, and, that shovel next to you, appears you've dug yourself in a little hole.  Continue please.

OK, lemme try to step outta the hole and throw some damn dirt in the level this thing out. Things change.  Life changes.  If I were to go back fitty, sixty years ago, my two very best friends, we did everything together.  Sounds a little clicky Victor, but carry on.  No, we weren't that, we loved everyone, honest, we just enjoyed doing things together.

Yeah....... so?  So. Now one is deceased, the other has 6 kids, a football team and a half of grandkids, and he's barely got time in life to take a coffee break.

So.......... I have been blessed. Blessed I'm telling you for all the folks that have come into my life in the meantime.

Victor, could be all those damn jobs you've had.  You're probably right streaky-underwear person, but wow, I'm happy to say I've met some (actually SO very many) wonderful people.

I don't have peanut butter in my ears Victor, I remember your 'arm's length' statement.  True that Mr. Grab a Banana and make yourself a sandwich, true that.

What I mean is - you turn back the clock years and years ago - you think, every friend you have will be the complete list of friends you'll have in a lifetime - but thankfully, that just ain't so.  And blissfully, that just ain't so.

"The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend."  Henry David Thoreau

Take Facebook (some would say "Take Facebook and shove it, I ain't ever going there - and that's ok, I understand).  Still, take Facebook - I would believe we all have made very good friends there - and friends where, in our lifetime, we've probably spent little or no time with them in person.  I've 'fallen' in 'Like' with so many there over the years. Buds, good buds, and again, some of us have never formally knocked at the door of the other.  There's much more to friendship than riding shotgun with someone, taking a vacay, downing one or seven at the bar, spending hours on the phone talking - friends is friends in many form or fashion.  Yum, at least to me.

"There is nothing on this Earth more to be prized than true friendship."  Thomas Aquinas

Ain't there a bridge somewhere where lovers take a padlock to and they pick a spot to place it, lock it, so it'll be there forever? Similar could be done with friends.  Yes Victor, there is that bridge, but don't you think after so, so many, the bridge would be weighted down?  Fall, collapse? OH NO, the span would be SO MUCH stronger.  Kinda like life, the person, the friendship, it makes us better, stronger, happier, all the more pleasing to pop outta bed in the morning and say "Thanks" insteada "Do I haveta?"

"A true friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.  Jim Morrison.  You tell 'em Jim, the time to hesitate is through.

Not all puzzle pieces fit, and that's ok. The list of 'have to's' in our life is fairly short.  Some people have no want to be with me, and, you tell 'em Gloria, "I've got all my life to live, and I've got all my love to give, I will survive, hey, hey."

Maybe moss don't grow on a rolling stone, but, in this life, as we make it over the bump and head downhill, it's well noted we grow, simply from the collection of wonderful friends we've made over the years.

I've noticed, about every few years, all through my life, I've been able to say, "Some of my favorite people all time, I've met in these last few years."  I usedta be all about collecting baseball cards, now, life is all about collecting friends.

Sometimes I have a hard time explaining what I mean.  Very basically, I'd be a nutcase were it not for all the friends I've been lucky enough to have made and call friend.  Thank each and every one of you.

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."   Elbert Hubbard.

You tell 'em Elbert and I'll pat 'ma foot. And, guard the door.

Do me a favor, open the door and let 'em in..  ooh yeah... 

"A wing is a type of fin that produces lift while moving through the air." Wikipedia...   Or, as Paul and Wings might suggest, friends produce lift.  True that.

By Henry Gibson......   Forward by Paul McCartney, WingStop, Buffalo Wild Wings, The West Wing, And, the synonyms: Fly, Glide, and Soar.....

Love, Victurd



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...