Wednesday, October 5, 2022

For your ayes only.....

We be different.  The saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  What one person sees as flawless and captivating might be ordinary or even unappealing to another.

Among my first thoughts on this, what is beauty to one who is, perhaps, blind.  A short bit of research informed "Beauty as joy, truth and feeling alive."  Further, "the smell of freshly baked cookies.... experiencing the sensation of grass caressing the bottoms of your feet... "  Even further "Losing my sight has been a blessing, I don't care what nationality someone is, I don't care how tall someone is, I don't care how big or small they are. A person is beautiful because they are true to themselves."

Defining beauty, perhaps, changes over the years - I'm reminded of the Bill Wither's song "Grandma's hands." Gaining appreciation = becoming beautiful.

I love 'ugly dogs'.  I do. Sure, much to be said for the regal beauty of the German Shepherd, the varieties of Labs... to me, one of the very coolest (beautiful) dogs I ever saw was my nieces pug.  Aged, some hip problems.  Much like any of us old farts, every which move was agonizing.  She walked kinda at a 45 degree angle.  Labored. All the while as damned happy as could be. Beautiful.

Sure, actors, actresses.. major crushes from our school days...  the Queens, cheerleaders.. the quarterback, point guards..   but to us each, our love for beauty is, can be different.

Shortly after my peepers opened this morning, the words aesthetically pleasing wafted thru my brain.  My first Google of it spoke to "an object or item that someone considers beautiful or attractive."  I'm glad I looked it up again just now as the next definition spoke to "anything around us in the world that we sense as being beautiful or enjoyable; including what we see, hear, touch, taste and smell." Yummy - that's what I was looking for. It shouldn't be limited to an object or an item.

Ugly is out there - for sure - and by that, I mean mainly people that can behave, interact demonstrating a case of the uglies.... thus, as we age, is seems we seek beauty... we turn our head, mebbe furrow our lip, at ugly.  Ugly is a waste of time. Beauty is our everything, our antidepressant, our harmonization of song, the pep in our step.  The hell to the yeah, I woke up, I getta look at all the world's beauty AGAIN today.

Kids.  The younger the better!  We've mentioned hounds..  sure, cats too.  Regal, perhaps borderline 'ugly' (occasionally) behavior - beautiful nonetheless.  Nature.

The Seasons.  Real. Artificial. Artists, barbers, hairdressers, those that smile a hunnerd percent of the time, writers, architects, trade workers - all, who grace us with beauty daily.

Beauty = happy.

Flowers, trees, shrubs, hills, valleys, lakes, ponds, creeks, rivers, oceans... farm fields..  A buddy posted a pic of the image he sees out his office window daily ('twas a highway.. a barren, yet pretty, field.. and a rainbow).. He adorned it with "Why would you retire when this is the view out your office?"  He's incredibly smart and ambitious, ie, beautiful.. but then, if it were me, I'd post a pic of my bed.. with mebbe a painting on the wall "Retirement, this is where I nap, often."  I find that to be beautiful as well.  To each, his, her own, ie, 'ayes' of the beholder.

Beauty in a world of difference. You're unique, just like me, kinda.  I spend way too much damn time trying to hit a golf ball into a little hole barely 4 inches wide.  To translate that to a thing of beauty, I try to remember that is wide enough for TWO, count 'em, TWO golf balls to fit into side by side.

A freshly paved, lined street.   A cobblestone path around the old Towne Square. Home on the range.  Lasagna on the range.  A bent over, hardworking gardener, and driving around a month or so later to see the beauty, fruits of their work rising from the Earth.  A door held open for another, "you first" even if it means one is in line to pay before another.  The hell is the need for hurrying through life.

I get mad at myself sometimes (that's not beautiful), but, happy to report I try, I really really try, to dig, find beauty in everything i can.  I know you do too.  It's a thirst. A hearthrob.  Our MO.

Two week old bananas.  Farts the linger.. and linger..  Very loud people whenya ain't got headphones... fer sure, ugly is out there.  Gnaw the arm of ugly off like a coyote might do.

Life is good. Even beautiful. 

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."  Confucius 

Amen Brother Ben, and you too Henry Gibson and even Confucius

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...