Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Yeah, but, who cares.......

Stats...... 

72% of Americans live in or close by the City they grew up in.

66% of women golfers bend over at the waist to put their tee in the ground (as opposed to 34% who squat.) Victor, was that actually found in Google?  No, just observation from the deck where we golf.

Americans throw away 5 billion bananas a year.

My dog has fleas.  Well, 14.4% do.  Cats, 28.1%.   Goes agin' the grain of "Dogs drool, cats rule.."

Most people pee 6 to 8 times a day.

(In order of excuse frequency) "I was late to work because....... traffic... a family member was sick..  my car broke down.. my babysitter let me down... I was stopped by the police.. my pet ran away.. my water pipes broke..  and, my personal favorite used by a new hire where I worked who was late every single day his first week "The sun was in my eyes and I missed the sign to turn."

The average car goes 25.7 miles per gallon.

Women drivers are the worst ain't they?  Men, a report claims, drive faster than women and have less regard for traffic laws. They speed, drive drunk, run stops signs, and therefore crash more often than women do. (I wish I had not researched that.)

46% of people have lied about liking a gift.

40-70% of people have leg length discrepancy, according to a study by Eileen Moore, 

68% of people have, or have considered re-gifting.

Patrick Mahomes contract is for $141.428 million in guarantees over 12 years. The average person blinks 16,800 times per day. 16,800 times 365 = 6,132,000.  6,132,000 times 12 = 73,584,000. $141,428,000 divided by 73,584,000 = 1.92. #15 will make $1.92 every time he blinks his eyes for 12 years. He deserves it, supply demand, he's the best, but damnit Jake, WE should get State Farm's best rates.

There are 73 million feral or unowned cats in the US. Approximately 10% of Americans feed community cats.

I woulda guessed higher.  The odds of upchucking on a cruise ship are only 1 in 14,000.

19 people go overboard on a cruise ship or ferry annually.

While there is debate, it's believed Edd Roush used the heaviest bat in Major League History at 48 ounces.  (Standard is 33 ozs).. Rumored The Babe himself usedta use a 54 ounce hickory bat.

"Flying foxes" are the largest bat in the world with a wingspan of 5 feet.

If I were Patrick Mahomes, I would bat my eyes.............. often.

Claiming they were stigmatized in their community for not having children, Erramatti Mangayamma and her hubby went to an IVF doctor to assist them in having a baby.  Worked.  Twins. Oh, by the way, Erramatti is 74 years old, the oldest person to ever give birth. You should be ashamed, as you thought YOU were tired all the time!

Band camp, awhile back, a Minor League Baseball team held a promotion to boost attendance. Worked.  Fans could drink all the beer they wanted for only $2, until they went pee (their hand was stamped as they entered the bathroom.)  This worked well, until it was discovered fans were peeing in the bleachers, in cups, around the corner, behind poles, yada.

A couple of years ago, "Stare Master" Stagg and "Eyesore" Fleming stared at each other to see who could go the longest without blinking. Stare Master won, going an incredible 40 minutes and 59 seconds without blinking.

Hey, don't blink as you go thru life - it goes fast.

I'm outta here.  Gonna go blink, pee, measure my legs, toss some bananas, walk softly, carry a big bat, and, feed a feral.

By Henry Guinness Gibson

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...