Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Fill 'er up!

If you remember hearing that, damn you're old. (You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the GREAT BIG Texaco star!)

Ears.

Been thinkin' a lot about ears.

Sweet corn (I LOVES ME some sweet corn!), on sale fitty cents an ear at the Piggly Wiggly. I think I bought ten. Later, when Googling 'how long does fresh corn stay yummy' Google filled my ears on the ears, "Don't do that (buy so many)...it's best eaten within 1 or 2 days when the ears are the sweetest...dry out fast...lose juiciness." 

My ears itch. I guess you could say I've got an itchy itchy rash. Hydrocortisone cream bought, spread, and yes, with a little rubbing too. Sorry mom, I think I remember her telling me not to scratch an itchy rash.

Victor, your blog could use it's OWN checkenginelight. Our eyes would be much better off if you'da left the TMI paragraph about ears, out.................. I hearya....

Grandson soccer game. (Oh boy, here we go, you're gonna fill our ears about how he's gonna be the next Pele', Messi, Ronaldo.) Ahm, no. Actually, I was gonna talk about Clayton. WHO'S CLAYTON?

Clayton is your typical, beautifful, eleven year old child. Clayton's Dad (we'll call him 'Dad"), was a spectator . A very loud and vociferous, spectator. From the moment I sat in my lawnchair right next to him, until the very end of the game (where I'd moved my chair 40 yards away from him) he 'helped' Clayton.

"CLAYTON MOVE OVER....SCOOT UP...HERE IT COMES, BE READY...USE YOU RIGHT FOOT!... PAY ATTTENTION... GET INBETWEEN HIM AND THE GOAL!... FASTER, FASTER!... SLOW IT DOWN!... DID YOU SEE JIMMY'S KICK? YOU DO IT LIKE THAT TOO, JUST LIKE JIMMY DOES!"

This went on the-entire-game. Clayton had 2 eyes on the ball and 2 ears on Dad. Clayton was 'lucky' to have such constant advice - but I wondered aloud how in the world was he gonna survive his spelling test in English class if Dad ain't there? What if, at recess, Dad wasn't there and a brouhaha ha'd? DAD? DAD? I'M ALL EARS DAD, HELP ME!

Unless you've been in a cave with that Spanish lady for the last year plus, you've heard about our shooting in KC too close to home.  April 13, a 16 year old teenager rang the doorbell at the wrong home in effort to pickup his twin brothers. He was shot (twice) by an 84 year old man who'd answered the door. By the Grace of God, the young man was able to leave the hospital a couple days later.

The teenager is African-American, the shooter, Caucasian. It makes me wonder who (and how) the shooter's ears were filled growing up (or not).

I am, of course, biased when it comes to family. I know, if I asked my grandson what he thought about the shooting, he'd reply "That's messed up." Whew, his heart! He's been observant, listening (and thinking on his own two feet), and thankfully surrounded by those professing love, not hatred.

I wonder how Clayton's Dad would have him think about it? We (all) are responsible to spread love. Just my opine, it is, can be, a learned behavior.

Peace (and love) to all... our eyes (and ears) need it more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...