Thursday, April 20, 2023

Old...

I am old, I am told...
"Move it Pops", dadgum they're bold...
It's me, it's me - the same ole me...
A little slower... man I gotta pee..

Logon to my bank account, oh, tummy churn,
Which happen fir$t, run out or the urn?
Most youngsters nice, but some looks we got,
Joke on you Sonny, you work, I not..

That Uncle Joe, he movin' kinda slow at the junction,
ED can happen, though some still function,
Majority, a simple goal to keep,
Make it to bed, before we're asleep.

Fitty came quick, that we all knows...
Remember ? We could still touch our toes.
Sixty, man, the snap of a finger..
More gas and geez did it linger.

I once was skinny but now I'm round,
Was svelt, but now a mound.
That don't bug me, that a sin?
I do wish though, I could iron my skin.

Seventy come, whew that was fast,
That OK, havin' a blast.
What once was hop, run and jump,
Now, we mostly on rump.

Ain't dead yet, no hurry to go..
Tween you and me, here's what I know..
Every day is a gift and of course we are blessed,
Good day ahead, just check Depends, haven't messed.

Laugh, love, hug..
Put a smile on that mug...

Bragging... we find fun at little cost...  We spread love and kindness as we learned from the Greatest Generation.. We love much: children, elders, acceptance of others even if different.. We've questioned much, thus, we've learned and we've led. Music, animals and friends cause us to emote - and in a good way... Yes, we look back - it's been a good thing. But too, we look ahead because we've a learned appreciation for so much.

Happy any ole' day - special, just like the rest,

Love, Victurd



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...