Friday, May 5, 2023

Ain't no sunshine when it's......dark

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

As I awakened at the ugly hour of 2-something am (it's OK, almost 6 hrs of sleep), with the eye that was open (no coffee yet) I admired the weather lady, (well hell, she's perty!) standing in front of a 7 day forecast that ran from the upper 70's to mid 80's! HA!, Take THAT SoCal breath, we be right uptown with you now!

It's not warm when she's awayAin't no sunshine when she's goneAnd she's always gone too longAnytime she's goes away
We earned this, kinda. We done did crispy Fall, shrinky Winter, well into wet Spring. SUN, SUN, SUN! It's the YIPPEE to our YUCKY. I ain't depressed, changin' my drawers to tees and shorts.
Wonder this time where she's goneWonder if she's gone to stayAin't no sunshine when she's goneAnd this house just ain't no homeAnytime she goes away
But, what about Utqiagvik? WHO? WHERE? Oh, you might recognize it by it's old name, Barrow, AK. Apparently Barrow was too hard to pronounce, so they renamed it Utqiagvik. What about Utqiagvik Victor? Well, come November 18, the sun will set and they won't see it again until January 23rd. Holy lightbulbs, that's a loooooooooong time! Thank goodness for Rudolph's nose so bright! Yep, ain't no sunshine when it's dark..
And I know, I know, I know, I know
Frigid too. Churches are basically barren in Barrow at -35 and don't start getting packed until it warms up to -20.
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
Johnny can't go outside unattended for fear he might get eaten by a bear. Dark confuses. It's not uncommon for the police to field 20-30 "what day is it?,' phone calls.
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
There ain't no roads outta Barrow (sorry, easier to type.) Doc Emmit Brown might say "We don't need roads" but, when Mabel tells Herbert to "run to the store, we're outta milk", he protests "the dogsled is a no go...AK just had a litter last week, and Duke's hip has been bugging him...stir up somea that powder stuff, I'll go in a couple days."
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
Speakin'a groceries, Holy whale blubber, $500 a week don't buy much. Cereal, 2 boxes for $14.. Bottle'a cranberry juice, $9.99.. or, you could mush to the Mexican joint for chips and nachos, $21.
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
YES Johnny, as always, we're having your Birthday party on December 11, BUT, you can't blow the candles out until January 23rd, then it'll be light. Ain't no sunshine when it's dark..
I know, I knowHey I oughta leave young thing aloneBut ain't no sunshine when she's gone, woh woh
Fo' sure, residents deal with depression, substance abuse, etc. during this long Polar night... but then...
Ain't no sunshine when she's goneOnly darkness every dayAin't no sunshine when she's goneAnd this house just ain't no home
Anytime she goes away
Anytime she goes awayAnytime she goes awayAnytime she goes away

But then... Come May, 80 days of 24 hour sunshine!  There'll be dancin' in the street, lawnmowin' and Hide and Seek at 11pm! They're (literally) on top of the World, lookin' down on creation...

Good day Sunshine! Little darlin', here comes the sun!

Life's good, differn't everywhere... I tend to agree with Annie though... I enjoy living where it's assured, The Sun'll come out, tomorrow...

Ain't no sunshine when it's dark...Withers you like it or not.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...