Monday, June 12, 2023

In the year 2033.....

Hey, how'ya doin'?

I'm alright, thanks, a little tired, but what's new....

What's new? 

Yeah, I laid down ten years or so ago and I don't remember nuttin'.

Same ole double negatives, you'll never change. Well, sorry to report your BFF has gone to the beyond.. 

NO WAY!  A picture of health, one of the very few I know that did the right things health wise.... Exercised 3-4 days a week, forever!

Way. Forever until 2027. Massive heart attack.

We were gonna go to Cooperstown....did we?

No. Remember?  Your BFF found a wonderful air/car/hotel package that actually fit in your budget.

Did my BFF back out?

No. Remember?  You said you had to work.

Damn. He didn't even make it to our reunion.. 

No, but neither did you.

What?  

Yeah, you were mad about something, someone... You stayed home. In fact, since the last one you went to in 2022 your class has lost, 

STOP! I don't wanna know the number.. just tell me how...

OK, but it's not pretty.  Seven, cancer. Four, dementia. One each: MS, aneurysm, car wreck, Parkinson's..

STOP!  I don't wanna hear any more... What about ____  ______?

I'm sorry, gone too. No one knows how...someone just ran across the obit when doing a Google name search...

This is horrible!  I'm afraid to even ask about the last family reunion...

Yeah, in fact, I wouldn't...and you didn't even go.  If I remember correctly either you didn't think you could afford it at the time...or, maybe that was the time your back was kinda sore and you stayed home to rest...

I did?

Yes.

Did I stay home a lot these last ten years?

You did, but you got to watch a lot of the shows you like, tons of Chiefs, Royals games....and you wrote in your blog a lot.

WAIT!  I don't care about that stuff... I mean, I do, BUT, people are what makes me, ALL OF US, tick!

You said you were tired. Your 'affliction.'

Affliction, smiction, damnit, I wanna (shoulda) go (gone), do (done). Why didn't you wake me up?  I mean, I know that's wrong, it's all my fault, but, mebbe you coulda tapped me on the shoulder?

Victor, I am.

Huh?

I'm sorry, kinda, but not really. I mean I'm sorry for the blow by blow...it's actually still 2023.

YES!  So...my classmates?

None of those were true, but, things are gonna happen.  It was perhaps a wicked gut punch, but I thought you needed it.

And... Family?  The family reunion?

No. No changes, but, I might point out you guys don't presently have reunions...

Yeah, thanks, maybe we can change that..  

Who ya calling?

My BFF...  He is still...

Yes, he is, and he's doing good. What are ya gonna do after that?

I'm gonna turn this damn apartment upside down looking for my Passport.  Going to Mexico for a MONTH in January with buddies of fifty years and I aint never done nuttin' like that.

Cool, then what?

Golf baby, 2:30!

What about your affliction?

Many worse than me. I don't mean "many golfers worse than me" because I suck at golf (but don't care!)... I mean many worse off than I healthwise.

True.

Hey?

Yeah?

Thanks for the wake-up call, I needed it. How would we go about reminding other folks (if you don't move, you die.)?

I don't know Victor, I don't know.

Happy 2023, love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...