Thursday, September 21, 2023

This too shall pass......

A kidney stone.  Patrick Mahomes (humor me, please.) Virtually any car behind those of us still driving into our 70's, 80's et al.

Sore throat. Page 3 of the KC Star with all the murders, robberies, yuck. An office meeting. A sermon. An election. I might remind you that you are perverted as you thought the next one would start with 'er', but huh uh, I can't, er, I mean, I won't go there.

Walking in a boot.  Recovering from your favorite team, politician, coworker, getting the boot.  The Spectrum $29.99 guy.

K-Mart, TWA, Blockbuster, Dolgins, mullets, fidget spinners, pet rocks, the Macarena, Chatty Cathy, KC Royal's 100 loss seasons, Reid/Mohomes/Kelce (We must feel the day, ie, How Sweet It Is!). Jackie Gleason, he too shall (did) pass.

Woes. Hang nails. Stinky underarms. Two and a half year old meat that's in the freezer whenya clean it out.  Terrible twos.

The ability to call, text, go see anyone ya wanna.  Bloggers who repeat things.  The ability to call, text, go see anyone ya wanna. 

The ability to hit a golf ball 300 yards. I call BS, as, I'm horrible, I slice like crazy, BUT TOO, I hit it 150 yards to the left, then it turns 150 yards to the right. 'Rythmatic relates that's 300.

Memory of much. I hate when old people tell me what to do, BUT, write stuff down. I plan to, which is fancy for probaly won't, buy a buncha spiral notebooks, sit down at night and record who I visited with, what I learned about them, what was done for the day, anything outta the ordinary, or, even the ordinary - for memories fade (they too shall pass.) Write crap down, sorry, kinda, not really. Thataway, when I keel, they could read, say "he passed. Man he was weird." New Year's Resolutions pass, Victor, you'll always be, I mean 'have', a big ass.

Went to chiropractor yesterday.  I gotta weak back.  "When'd ya get it?"  About a week back.  Anyways, the guy had the audacity (fancy for needed to show me) the X-Rays of my back, hip, yada, and how arthritis damn near blocks any bone you can see.  Then, he showed me the X-Ray of anudder 70-something, vely similar, THEN, he showed me two X-Rays of 20 yr old snotnoses.  Well would you look at those beautiful bones!  Message, beautiful bones will one day pass.  I write to me, for me, hitchhikers welcome, Victor, get off your ass and go, do.  Life, cars, even the new Teslas, run out, ie, pass.  Go, do, while ya can. End of lecture.

Lectures pass.  

Brilliant minds will hopefully lend to so many incurable, ugly, afflictions, diseases - to pass. Gotta buck, givea buck. They ain't worth much in the urn.

Money in bank account.  Money not in bank account.

The ink in a pen, the availability of sweet corn at the Piggly Wiggly (damnit darnit).  The best part of waking up, if, you don't have a spare cana Folgers. Gas, flatulence.

Expiration dates on food, license plates on cars, "Yes officer, I am insured I just forgot to put the notification from State Farm in my glove box."  The Q Tips in my glovebox. Eww. (Ya ever notice, when someone, maybe a fellow commuter in an adjacent lane, has done run outta Q-Tips so they little finger the ear...... then, LOOK.  WHY?  WHY?)

Commuting passes. BM's, DM's, M&M's.

Winter Spring Summer or Fall (they all pass).  All ya gotta do is call. Phone calls pass, end.  Good songs end too, put another nickel in, in the Nickelodean.

"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me." Then, repeat to yourself the most comforting words of all, 'This too shall pass.' "    Ann Landers

Whoop there it is... or was... or sumpin.  Whats for dinner mom?  Liver and onions honey. I'll pass.

Love,Victurd
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...