Saturday, September 9, 2023

Yummy

The struggle is real.

Noting that sometime ago my belly had dunlapped over my pants, I needed, wanted to do something. Being a physical education major in college, I've not set a great example in the (abundant) flesh, or, in my 'ways' (Oh well, I beat myself up, justify by 'haha, I'm human', and on I go.)

So............ goodbye (mostly, carbs)...  Goodbye (mostly) sugars. Results?  Eh, who knows.

What I do know, YUMMY is ever-present, on every menu, in every fridge, grocery aisle, it's like Motown, Temptations are everywhere. (And, Chickenman, if you remember that one, "He's everywhere, he's everywhere!")  Thankfully though, chicken (without all the fried frills) is OK.

Life though, also provides MUCH yummy. Thankfully, we don't have to push away from the table of life yummy.

It's everywhere it's everywhere.

Light, sunrise, dark, sunset - and all in-between.  Color. Colors are yummy. Fog, mist, clouds, blue skies (smiling at me), grass, trees (even wickedly handsome in Winter with their growth gone like carbs and sugars).. 

Audial.  A compliment, music to the ears.  Yummy.  Ray Charles (to me), the beat, the smile, the 'man I am really into this, FEELING it) yummy.  "Here kitty kitty" laughable, yet still yummy. "Go get the ball!" of course yummy, slobbery, but fun, yummy. (Ever eat a pine tree?  No, that ain't it, prolly ain't yummy, but, ya ever pull up to an intersection, see a hound pooch staring to happily halfway out the window?  The urge to spout "Go get your ball!" hits me. I guess I would worry said pooch might jump out, but I think it'd be fun...  yummy... a good laugh.  Laughter is yummy, audible.

Fingernails on the chalk board maybe ain't yummy, but, watching your HS Math teacher (or whatever he taught) start writing on the chalkboard with his left hand, get halfway, hand the chalk off to his right hand to finish the sentence, yummy.  An unforgettable moment.

Unforgettable moments are yummy.  "One small step for man...."  "I have a dream..."  "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." "To the moon Alice." "The boy did it!" (said Homer.) Even "Take this job and shove it" can be a yummy feel good, at least until the rent's due.  

As I write this letter (blog)
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you.

Even occasionally, those who done did say "Til death do us part" part... much yum can/does happen.

Courtship, pitter patters, you're all that matters. You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, too much love drives a man insane, you broke my will, but what a thrill, goodness gracious great balls of fire. A pep in the step, so to speak yummily. 

"Now I've had (am having) the time of my life... No, I've never felt like this before.. Yes I swear, it's the truth, and I owe it all to you, cause I've, had (am having) the time of my life, and I owe it all to you."

Anyways, you know. ___ and ___ sitting' in a tree.. K I S S I N G. Relationships are yummy.

Lover, lover.  Neighbor, neighbor. (and I mean platonic relationship).. like, student, teacher.  Player, coach.  Boss, underling. BFF, BFF. Cousins, sibs. Vendor, client. Doctor, patient. Chiropractor, one out of sorts, sorta.

People.  People who need people.  (We all do Barbara.)  We're the luckiest people in the world. 

Sometimes, we even have those "I'm not gonna 'people' today" days, and that's OK too.  Solitude can be yummy.  Anything can be yummy.  Some of you even like sushi.

Life, I love you, all is (yummy) groovy. We are the world. We are the children.  We are the ones who make a brighter day.

Even 'have to's' can be dyslexically turned into 'get to's.'  They put a red line underneath dyslexically saying it ain't a word.  Rebel can be yummy, as in, F 'em if they can't take a joke, or, a word that ain'ta word. Dyslexically can be yummy, or, so said "(Dyslexic) Man walks into a bra"....

Fun. Yes, it's yummy too.  Laugh til ya pee a bit.  It'll clean up.  Don't be, er, on second thought, do be a drip.

Yummy can be free.  Expensive. (A financial planner asked a buddy of mine and his wife "Do you fly first class?"...  Why no... why?  "Well, your kids are gonna."  Message, go, do, have fun, yummy.

Nice.  Thanks goodness most people are nice.   Nice is yummy, really yummy, a life well lived.  

Run into someone that ain't nice?  Put 'em on iggy.  Use the other end of the number 2 lead.  Copy/cut. Paste it in the trash. Ain't got time for a bad day.

I get knocked down, but I get up again.  Barry Sanders got knocked down 3,062 times, but damn daddy, did he get up again, 3,062 times. Yummy to watch.

Victor, too many dadgum songs within.

Songs can be yummy. Silent Night.  Take me out to the ballgame. Scaramouche Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Is this the real life?  Is this just fantasy?

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see.....

Yummy.  It's everywhere it's everywhere.

Forward by The Temps, Ella Firzgerald, Ray What I say, Euell Gibbons, Mr. Moore, Neil Armstrong, MLK, Lou, Ralph Kramden, Homer, Johnny Paycheck, Lennon/McCartney, Jerry Lee Lewis, Medley/Warnes, Barbara, Paul Simon, more than 40 artists for "The World", EF Hutton, Chumbawamba, #20 for the Lions, Joseph Mohr, Jack Norworth, Farrokh Bulsara.

Lyrics, by Chickenman.

Yummy is everywhere, it's everywhere.

Love, Victurd




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...