Thursday, November 16, 2023

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.

Phyllis Diller of all people that quote comes from.

I'm divorced.  I ain't got no cat, nor dog. My eyes open at ungodly hours, but, I've come to be OK with that.  It's 'my time', my mate, so to speak, my bark, "speak speak", my "here kitty." My selfish - my want to do what I want, when I want.

Damnit Victor, just tell us what you're trying to say.

I like it here.  Of course, I care if you care and prefer you like, but, no control of that. These hours I have free, just me, I love to sit and think about something that might, at least, keep you awake in the span of a one or two page blog.

Today I thought about man's (or woman's) basic needs. I learned, air, water, food, sleep.  There, that blog is over. 

OK, so, the word innate was running thru my brain. Innate needs: Food/check, water/air/check, shelter/ok, sex/oh my.  Gimme shelter. Mick says 'a storm is threatening.... war, children, it's just a shot away.. rape, murder, it's just a shot away..  gimme, gimme, gimme shelter or I'm gonna fade away. Shelter is broad. Lean-to, Tent, Hut, Snow cave, Apartment, Bungalow, Igloo, Teepee, Bunker... Ok, possibilities for a blog, I dunno.  What was that next innate need?  Oh yea, sex.

I was alone.  Just kidding. Not going there, a blog on sex. I talk/type too damn much as it is, sorry, kinda.

And, if you're gonna talk 'innate' ya gotta include 'acquired' needs. Achievement, power, affiliation. Yeah, mebbe some good stuff, I dunno, but it also reminded me of LinkedIn. I learned, once, raw carrots make me gag, grab barf bag.  Kinda feel same way about Linked In. Sorry, just me.

I prefer outside the lines. AHA, now that could be an idea.  Victor, you're 71, zilcho flexibility, yain't worked out like ya should, inotherwords, you can't (so don't) pat yourself on the back.  OK.

My granddaughter, for 10th birthday, I think, I bought her three kinda nifty paint-by-number kits because of her professed, demonstrated love of art.  Then, I thought, "that was stupid... why didn't you buy her an easel, paints, colored pens, pencils, and a blank pad with a ton'a pages to allow her to create, draw, whatever she wants?" Lesson learned.

Lines are integral in our life. I'm a lover of sports.  Ya step outta the batter's box, hit the ball, you out.  Ya catch a pass, yain't got both feet inbounds, you out.  Well, in the pro's anyways.  College, you only need one foot in. Sports, between the lines, and yep, what happens outside the lines too.

Many 'crayon' perfectly. Conform.  No pushy envelope. 'Oh I couldn't do that", and that's ok.  We're all different.

Lines at the Piggly.  10 items, regular cashier, do-it-ur-own-damnself lines. Long, short. Lines at the DMV, ugh. Screaming toddlers in long lines.  Don't blame them.  Many do. No comprende', but, we're different.

Lines on our faces, arms, udder body parts, more and more as we're blessed with year after year. Bugs some. Botox.  Nope. We're all different.

Curved, straight, horizontal, vertical, parallel, intersecting, perpendicular... hardlines, soft lines.. .the line was around the corner.. ancestry dot com, ie, lineage. Someone, dunno who, said for every minute we stand in line it feels like three. Us impatient ones, hope we ain't behind no geezer (like us) buying 12 different kinda scratch off tickets, then, continue to tell the cashier about bursitis, new grandbaby, what happened in church, yada. To all relatives, former students, people I've coached, anyone that hasn't lost all respect for me, turn your head here.  There ain't nuttin' better than being in line behind a wunnerful, shapely, derriere.  Said it, sorry, not really sorry.

Ski lift lines, ne'er again for me.  Icebreaker lines = "Heavy penguins."  Pickup lines "Do you believe in love at first sight or do you want me to walk by again."

The dog ate my homework.  My kid is sick, can't make it in today. Hi boss, I can't come in today, my grandmother poisoned me with ham. My leg fell asleep while I was on the toilet, stood up, fell, broke my ankle.  Sorry I'm late boss, the sun was in my eyes and I missed the exit.

Why are you looking for a job?  My company relocated and didn't tell me where.

Why should we hire you?  I've always been passionate about not starving to death. Y'all is desperate as hell for warm bodies, right?  Check my temperature and see if I'm warm.

I'm no artist.  A few years back I bought some paint, blank canvas, painted all three of my grandkids.  It was pretty crappy.  No, I'm talking none, artistic talent.  I took a pic, cheated, used a ruler to try to compare, enlarge, distance between pic/canvas.  The kids got a kick out of 'em.  Couple days ago, chilly morning, I grabbed a long-sleeved shirt to put on.  The left sleeve, toward the bottom, had 8 different colors of paint on it where some idiotic grandfather had drug his sleeve thru whilst painting. Color me a simpleton, I love that shirt, won't sag or wear pj's to WallyWorld, will proudly wear that one.

I've rambled.  Sorry.  I'll get outta here.  What Phyllis said,

A smile is a curve(d line) that sets everything straight.

Maybe one day I will take a break, give you a break. I'll write that on my college lined notebook, if I can find my readers.

Thank goodness for readers, like you.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...