Friday, November 3, 2023

Just drop of the key, Lee..........

Victor why don't you do a blog on sayings with proper names in them?  Eh, I dunno, that'd probably be pretty boring....know what I mean Vern?

Poor Jack.  His name is utilized a lot.  He don't know Jack. "Steve claims to have a lot of coding experience, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know jack about Java."

Jack of all trades can be taken as good or bad.  He knows a little about a lot, but, if you're wiring your house or replacing the tranny in your Studebaker, you might wanna call an expert.

The Shining.  That's where we got "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Jack Torrence, played by some guy named Jack (Nicholson) typed it time and again on paper.

Keeping up with the Joneses <-- that looks funny but I spose it's right...  This comes from a comic strip by the same name way back in 1913.  The social climbing McGinis family struggled to keep up with their neighbors, the Joneses.  The Joneses neva eva' appeared in the comic strip.  Of course, nowadays, it's the Kardashians. I ain't never watched and, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."  Frankly, I learned that onWiki.


OK, those were Rhet's last words to poor Scarlet as she struggled with "Where shall I go?  What shall i do?"  The Gone With The Wind Novel just had "My dear, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...