Tuesday, December 12, 2023

One toe over the line...........

I know, I too am kinda sick of hearing, reading about it.  Unless you've been in a cocoon...

Which (cocoon) I Googled:  "A pupa is the life stage of some insects undergoing transformation from immature to mature stages."  Good gosh Gertie, sounds as if I've been, live in a cocoon then, been behind the 'immature to mature' 8-ball all my life!

Chiefs lose.  Touchdown (probable winning score with about a minute left) called back because Toney's toe was over the line. (It's too early, I'm too tired to lookup the spelling of his first name, sorry not sorry.. I just know he came from the Giants, formally a first rounder, but made available due to oft being injured and sometimes on field errors. Rings a bell.  A shame too, as he really is, can be, would be, very good were his regimen to toe the line.)

The song, One Toke Over The Line, Brewer and Shipley.  Turns out, they, of local fame, were in the side room preparing to play at The Vanguard Coffee House back in the day...  One remarked "I'm one toke over the line."  They went on stage, played that night. Later, went home, wrote the lyrics. Sadly, it's (with it's obvious drug inference) stuck as 'their label'. Intent was moreso to relate "Anything in excess will killya."  Uh huh, will.

Sometimes, band camps, I've paid the price.  Call me out, I'm good with that, but, me thinks for the most part I (try to) stay calm. Paid the price, Google learns me is 'to suffer consequences of someone's actions.'  Like mebbe, "Jack drank so much last night, now, he's paying the price."  I do admit to having been there, stumbled that.... like Brewer and Shipley, what I meant was, I'm calm, calm, calm, calm (or try to be), and then, if someone gets unner my dander, (mebbe poor treatment of others, micromanagement, could be demonstrating arrogance, picking on someone, yada) I might flip calm to loyal, stern, redface, how dare you, that kinda stuff.  Excess.  Excess changes ya. 

When that happens, ya hear, "WOAH, a side I've never seen, heard."  Uh huh, happens. Not often, but does.

Post game interviews with our leader(s).  Patrick Mahomes, Andy Reid.

Patrick wasn't himself.  "WOAH, a side I've never seen, heard." One year as understudy, six years of darn near perfection, a pace at QB we ain't seen the like of, all the right moves (and answers), Head and Shoulders above, a helpful smile in every Hy Vee aisle, ya look cool Patrick (Oakley shades), please say it ain't so Jake from State Farm.  But it was.

Outta character. It can't be described as 'too easy' for him, but his play, his preceded character behavior, gold touch.. bound to be a bump in the road one day. Encouraged by him admitting (one day later) as much ("I didn't handle that well.. particularly with Josh (Buffalo QB) when he didn't have anything to do with it." In a World where winning the AFC West is/was a given, 4th Quarter comebacks cinchy, he finally let his hair down (that haircut so many young punks, said lovingly.. told the Great Clips lady "Gimme the Mahomes do' ").  He is human (too), hear him roar.

Andy kinda stuck to his guns. I love me some Andy Reid. He's a big boy, in more ways than one. Kadarius's toe (There, I looked up his first name) "that's a teaching moment, on me." He too didn't
throw KT under the bus. "Does some really good things when the football is in his hands" when the vast majority of Chief's fans wanted to run KT outta town, sit him on the bench, seeya later alligator, Veach bring us another.

Life is, can be, overwhelming at times.  The list, it be long (overwhelming). Housework. Laundry. Parenting. Relationships. Work. Finances.  Health. Selfcare. 4 losses in 6 games, Juggling, Rubik's cube, yada. 

It's a bit much, happens in life. Quoting Popeye, "That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more." "I ain't nos doctor, but I knows that I'm losing my patience" (sp?)

I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing
But must have used the wrong line
I been on the right trip
But I must have used the wrong car
Head is in a bad place and I wonder what it's good for

Par for the course.  S*it happens. It is what it is. Grain (or is that a full tablespoon) of salt.  Que sera sera.  It hurts when I do this. Well, don't do that.

There's antidotes, concoctions, game plans, the Bible, You Tube 'how to' vids, phone a friend, did you read the instructions that came with it?   Hello, IT Department? Me again.

Naps help.  In heaven there ain't no beer, that's why we drink it here. Glass'a wine.  Girls night out.  Golf foursome of old dudes.  Therapy even.  A good massage, hot tub session, footrub. Drive in the country. Observing Winter out the window next to the wood burning fireplace. A dog or cat on your lap.

I would say listening to NSYNC sounds apropos but I don't even know one of their songs.

A bowl'a chili (crackers and or Fritos), a Peanut Buster Parfait, a simple, Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kiss (avoid the regular chocolate stuff, you'll shoot your eye out and get fat like me.)

Pride is hard to swallow, but it will go down. "I'm sorry."  "I was wrong."

Maybe even playing the New England Patriots, toeing the line could help.

Poor Karen.  She, like Gladys Kravets, mebbe Brewer and Shipley, get such a bad rap.  That said, in a World of Karens, be a Patrick. (No, not Spongebob's friend.. well.. 2nd thought, he's a good dude.. just can't give him two thumbs up 'cause he ain't got any thumbs.)

He is human, hear him road.  Just like us.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...