Friday, January 19, 2024

Mirror mirror on the wall.........

I gotta buddy... same class in HS... refuses to buy onea them curved, newfangled 25 year light bulbs. "Hell I ain't gonna live that long, why should I buy one?"

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

No, this ain't about Snow White.. the evil Queen.. Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, and Sleepy. ... the Prince...  the apple stuck in her throat... the Heimlich, dropped coffin, whatever it was.. (I will say though... the story is proof "IT TAKES A (small) VILLAGE" to raise someone like Snow White.)

My thoughts on mirrors...  One, I got ridda the full length one I had 40 pounds ago... Two, my bathroom lighting is so crappy, when I shave, I can't see the left side'a my face, so, if you ever see me with big ole long hairs on that side, that 'xplains it Lucy.

Roy and Buck sing my theme song... something like:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me..
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have luck at all
Gloom, despair and agony on me..

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt,
And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts
'Cause we had hear for years how she was so well reared
How was we to know they meant the way she was built......

Victor, you always write crap that only your brain understands... the hell are you trying to say?
I'm so very glad you asked.  The name of this blog.. it's up there somewhere... see it?  Yes, it's check engine light... that kinda means if it can go wrong, it will.

So................ when I think'a mirrors, at my age, peeking at life expectancy stats, I'm gonna break me a mirror, thataway, I know I'll at least get another seven years.... sure, bad luck's ok... it falls right into place with this blog.

I jest. Some. It's a fun place in life.  Roughly ten years ago, I began a relationship with a gal.  A huge part of her life was the kitchen.  Foods. Differn't foods. Channel fitty-two (the Food Channel) on whatever the local cable company was called back then.. GEHA, Time Warner, Mellencamp or something like that..  no, that ain't it, but you get the drift.  I was 62.

Me, age 62, when them damn Facebook lists with 48 different kind of foods, put an X by all the ones you don't like.  Well..  I usually hated 34 of 'em.  It's twue, it's twue, it's reawwy true.  Victor, again, whereinthehell are you going with this?  Well..  at age 62, I considered, and did, try some'a those foods she wanted me to.

Now, at age 71, not no, but hell's to the no.  This is, as us old farts have come to know, selfish time.  Tick, tock, eye that clock.

Reminds me...... (oh boy, here was go)...  Ridgeview Junior High, Liberty, MO.. 1965 or so.. I was 13.  Basketball.  The ole tile floor, stage on one end..  Remember those hideous too damn short shorts?  Uh huh, me too. Anyways....... The clock was an old round thing.. ie, not digital.. It 'wound' around like a regular clock.  I think we played ten minute quarters... the very last minute, the whole damn thing turned red.  Danger Will Robinson!

Victor, it took awhile for you to get here... won't mention Dopey, Grumpy, Sleepy, but I guess we unnerstand... life...  ya just never know when.

Many, my age or just younger.. .think "Victor, you're nuts, we're young"..  Uh huh.  But, ya never know.  We've all seen friends, loved ones, never smoked, drank, keel way the hell too early.  A good friend, great physical condition, just passed while on the treadmill. My take, ie, my look in the mirror - ya just never know.

So........  Ok, I'll take Dopey and Sleepy... and, sure, sometimes I slip and I'm Grumpy... but I want these last laps of life around the clock to be HAPPY!  That guy.

Ya go to a funeral... ya think about that person's life here on the planet.  Oft times, thoughts go to "He (or she) was a good, nice person. He was happy."  That's all I want.  Sure I slip. You slip, we all slip.

But, there's gotta be a method to our NON madness as we look at the mirror.  Don't worry, be HAPPY.. not Grumpy.  We ain't gotta be a Prince... just HAPPY.

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from fun we go...

Just whistle while you play
Put on that grin and start right in to whistle loud and long
Just hum a merry tune
Just do your best and take a rest and sing yourself a song..

An apple a day keeps Doc away... Cut it up in real, real small pieces though..

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?
Sorry Victor, it's still Snow White.  You've done your best at being Happy though..  Right Grumpy?

Gloom, despair, agony on me..  Evil Queens.. poison..  check engine lights.. Congress (oops, slipped).. 

Yuck things are dwarfed in the mirror of life when one is Happy.

Love, Victurd

    



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...