Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Old man and the Sea........

Huh uh, this ain't about a guy fishing for marlin.  It does involve the Sea, but not that.

This is about women. I think.

Writing, maybe, is like cooking.  Or maybe being a pitcher.  Ad lib?  It's scary.  Ya sit down to write, and it ain't like a recipe where ya got all the 'structions right there infronta ya... it's not like Salvador Perez is there to bail you out with signals on what to pitch.  Nope, you're left to defend (write) for yourself. (As if I were an expert and know of whatintheheck I speak.)

An attempt at funny ha ha popped up yesterday.  I hate pop ups, but, Facebook gives ya those pop ups from years gone by and sometimes they invoke smiles, sometimes ugg... and sometimes sadness as you see comments, likes from folks who ain't here any longer.  At least, it's a way to kinda sorta still touch them I guess.

It was a joke about me one day writing a book, not decided yet if it would be fiction or nonfiction, entitled "Aging gracefully but both legs are in one underwear hole." I will never write a book but I DO have a name I kinda like and, to me, it kinda speaks to life. "I'm positive, I think." Back to "this is about women."

This trip... that begun in Mehico on NYE, has been very therapuetic for me. I have spent countless hours simply sitting on the balcony staring out at the Sea.

Side note. I remember long ago, a guy named Jimmy G (who is a friend) suggested I was a misogynist. Being the simpleton I am, I had to look it up. (You should see me instant message Mr. Moffitt, sometimes it takes me 3 hours after he sends a message to lookup all the words he's written so I can understand enough to send a reply.)

So........... I'm reminded of misogynist because......Yogi Berra might call this one Deja Vu allover again. Long ago I attended a baseball game at Wrigley Field. Wrigley is akin to baseball as the Empire State building is to NYC, or, Grand Canyon to a National Park enthusiast. There were two women, just shoot me, seated behind a pole. The pole was RIGHT in the way of their view to home plate. There were plenty of seats to the left or right they coulda moved to, but, they chose to sit in those seats the entire game.

Forgive me Father, blonde came to mind. Well, the yoke is on me. Yesterday was day 22 of sitting on this balcony. It's roughly 24' in length. There's a table with 4 chairs, highback chairs. Of course I sit on the sidea the table opposite the Sea, but, for 22 days, two chairs blocked half the damn view of the Sea, and I didn't move them until yesterday. Blonde came to mind, forgive me ORD chicks.

The Sea also brought Karma yesterday. In return for me posting a couple of sunny, warm, shortwearing pics of the Sea for all back in "we ain't seen 32 degrees for two weeks in the Midwest" the Sea raged. Wind, waves. Big N's. There really aren't breakers here. There were yesterday, and today. Reminded me of The Gulf. Rain, wind, blowing sand. Made the pelicans circle like buzzards for some reason.

This morning, add lightning to the frey. And blanket. And coat. Karma. The Sea of Karma.

For whatever reason, THAT, reminded me of Pat Benatar and HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT. Crash, anudder wave, crash, anudder wave, CRASH. I love that song. A strong woman.

And then I thoughta all kindsa women's music. Them there crashing waves conjured up Joan Jett's I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL.

The Sea. Temperament.

Careful Victor, you're dipping your toe into the misogynist water again.

Mebbe. We all, even us male piggies, have loud, fast, soft, fun, moods.

When the storms are away... a very light bringing of the water to the sand... I sense Roberta Flack softness in singing the THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE. Whitney's, oh my, AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU... you're gorgeous Sea.. gimme s'more.. and more... Dolphins jumping, Janis Joplin's laugh...

OK, a little more wind, howabout R-E-S-P-E-C-T, hell to the yeah Aretha, THAT's what I'm talking about!

Them boats in the distance, a riding them bouncy waves...... tell 'em Patsy.. tell 'em! CRAZY... I'm crazy for lovin' them bouncy waves! And if you wanna chime in Carly, YOU'RE SO VAIN...

Back to calm, sunny.......... strum it Tracy... GIVE ME ONE REASON.....

The Sea is...............

Constant. Everchanging. Beautiful. In charge. Soothing, comforting. Ripply. Nipply, yeah, I said it, it can be cold. Blue. Clear. Cloudy. Blue skies above, cloudy skies above. Rainbows above. Hard to describe, figure out sometimes.

The woman is.............

Constant. Everchanging. Beautiful. In charge. Soothing, comforting. Ripply. Nipply, yeah, I said it, it can be cold. Blue. Clear. Cloudy. Blue skies above, cloudy skies above. Rainbows above. Hard to describe, figure out sometimes.

Ifn's that makes ya mad or, makes me a misogynist, I'm sorry. Not my intent. Intent is, admiring the beauty, fortitude, wherewithal, etc.

At least if you do feel like bopping me on the head, it'll take awhile for you to get here since I'm 1,422 miles away.

Hit me with your best shot. I love rock and roll. The first time if ever I saw your face. I will always love you. Respect. I'm crazy. And vain. Give me one reason to run, besides sitting behind a pole, or, two chairs blocking my view.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...