Monday, January 22, 2024

This magic moment................. TURNT!

We've all witnessed, been here, rode that, this... stayed there, gone here... uP the hill.. DOwn the hill... 'taught' our neck as we rode that rollercoaster of life so a dadgum steel girder wouldn't jump out and decapitate ya.

Apex.  Atop.  The Best.  YUM, capitalized.

A child's birth...

Hard work, hell to the yeah, flipping that tassel from the left to the right (or was it right to left, I think I'm dyslexic, I dunno.)

I see Randy Craig putting that last sparkplug in, firin' it up... barely touching the gas pedal as he goes up the KuKu hill.. 

I hear a brave Jeanne play and sing our Senior year... all 90 lbs of her.. ten years ahead of her time as we all focused in, administrators scratched their head as she sang..

TURNT!  

Life moments ya just never forget.

I hear Susan's dogs a barkin' as Jerry approached their door..  Some 3+ days after Christmas... the fam snowed in ont the mountaintop (48 inches).. the excitement as they saw him, his never worn before snowshoes a comin'...

Big'n.  My, our buddy Jim Hack... "Remember, he hit that game winning shot... been known as Big'n, for that shot ever since."

Ya might haveta be old like me to remember Dane Iorg coming to bat in 1985... pinch hitting.. bottom of the 9th... single to drive in the winning run... I was lucky, and there.  I never ever heard crowd noise, any sport, any game, like that.

TURNT!

Rocky up them stairs.... "I AM THE GREATEST!"... "I HAVE A DREAM!"........ Forrest finally stopping, "I'm pretty tired.. I think I'll go home now."

Sitting back... watching 23 relatives make a complete mess around the Christmas tree in 90 seconds.. ya couldn't wipe the smile offa your face if you had to.

Yum.

TURNT!

The excitement, the heck yes, the "Let's Go!" started long before their bus arrived in Orchard Park, NY and was greeted with snowballs and middle fingers.  There was the thought, "Well, we've been in the AFC Championship game 5 years runnin', but, that was because we always played the game at Arrowhead.  Could it be done on the road?"

Sam McDowell. Just shoot me.  I love reading Sam McDowell's articles.  Makes ya feel like you was there. I know that shoulda been 'you were' there, but, peoples say it like that, "feel like you was there."  Outside the practice facility, on football chat sites, ESPN chums sitting around predicting, there was doubt.  "He ain't done it on the road.. we'll give it to ya he's good at home, but he ain't done it on the road."

Practice a few days before the game.  "Pat was a certain way all week" per running back CEH.  Regarding doubt about going on the road.. "“He was the biggest advocate of anyone to go on the road and play. He was all for it. He wanted it..  In the first practice of the week, called a walk thru because it's literally supposed to be that, Mahomes came out blazing.   'Usually it's soft toss.. " wide receiver MVS... "He's throwing like we're in a game..  I'm like, it's a walk-thought Pat, we're in street clothes."

"He was TURNT," receiver Rashee Rice.  "Oh my gosh - that walk-through."

I'm weird, I know. I don't have a 'swear jar'... a big 401K.. stamp collection.. yada.  I try to collect words that move my heart.

Smile.  Yum.  Love. Oh-baby-oh-baby (I think I remember times when that could be said as one word.)

Adding to the list, TURNT.

Thank you revved up Chevys, classmates who can strum, snow stories, Big'N, Iorg, Rocky, Ali, MLK, Rashee for the word.. ty family....  and of course, Patrick.

TURNT...  Webster says "Excited or energized"

That we were, are, life is, can be. Tear off that tee shirt Jason Kelce.  MVS come outta nowhere again. Wave goodbye to em Chris Jones. Patrick, cover your head so ya don't get pelted.  Andy, yes, same old Andy, stand up there and praise the Bills.

TURNT.  I wonder what it is in Spanish?

Love, Victurd

TURNT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I couldn't sleep at all last night

Got to thinkin' of you Baby things weren't right Well I was tossin' and turnin' Turnin' and tossin' A tossin' an...