Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Fitty...

We've all heard this slang... nonetheless, I Googled to see what the internet said:

Dialectal, chiefly England: suitable and becoming: APPROPRIATE.

Nuh uh damnit, it's slang for 50 cents, or half (I debated to the computer screen). Screen continued:

Dialectic, chiefly England:
a) being in good order: TRIM
b) HANDSOME, STRIKING

Honest, I never heard that crap.

I've always enjoyed the slang fitty. There's that rapper feller, Fitty Cent.  

Fitty is a milestone birth age where basically everything in one's body starts making its slow descent toward the sod, which, is hammered down by the dayum AARP card that lands in your mailbox that 'festive' day. 

Ever eat a pine tree? No, that ain't it. Do ya remember whose mug is on the fitty cent coin, and when's the last time you seen one?

Can ya loan me fitty?

Fitty is female for "I'll be ready in fifteen minutes." Just shoot me, I don't foresee a relationship for me any time soon anyways. 

Speakin' a just shoot me, this buddy just might. He is ULTRA PRIVATE... ABHORS FACEBOOK, ATTENTION, YADA.

He forgets, I gotta big mouth/keyboard, too bad, so sad.

My buddy has worked as an auto worker for fitty years. I kid you not, fitty years.

Fitty or sixty of us have been begging Mr. Fitty to retire forever and ever. Never thought the day would come.

He works nights, gets off at 7-ish, which, coincides with blogger's insomnia, so, for a lotta years I've winged him crazy early, 3, 4am-ish, stupid jokes, and about fitty percent of the time he one ups me.

He's RETIRING. Nuh uh! UH HUH, is. Tradition has it, on your final day, one clocks in, then, walks around the plant to greet, say goodbye to longtime friends. (He will do that late tonight.)

So,.....  this morning, these are the last few hours of productivity of his fitty years.

So, smart-ass blogger composed a text:

"Dear 'Fitty', this is (enter name of CEO for heap big auto maker here), 

"Want to congratulate you on your fitty years and your retirement, but too, in these last few hours of productivity we'd like a return on our investment, buyout, that stuff...

"So... please take that broom and sweep the joint, then, clean and organize the desk area, including cleaning that monitor, it's filthy...

"Then, please check the oil on the forklift, then, stack all the empty pallets in one spot.

"Thanks again, First On Race Day, Jim (CEO)

Apparently, Fitty wasn't catnapping as he almost instantaneously texted back:

"I've already swept and I changed the oil on the electric forklift. Took the pallets out yesterday. Go Big Blue. Oh, and you can kiss my ass goodbye."

Once again, he one upped me. Fitty ain't half bad. Good luck in your retirement, please don't shoot me for posting this, you might get fitty to life.

Forward by Henry Ford
Commemorative coin by JFK

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...