Thursday, March 28, 2024

Filling in the blanks......

Life is about, painting, I reckon.  One's day, the canvas so to speak, up there on that easel, the sucker ain't gots nuttin on it.  I have heard fun kiddos refer to it as "A rabbit in a snowstorm."

"It's so fine and it's so terrible to stand in front of a blank canvas."  Paul Cezanne

It's Opening Day in baseball, everyone's record is blank.  Damnit darnit Victor, it took you 56 words to get to Sports. Eh, whatever.

The baby. That one, over there.  Just born.  Nice!  He, she, a life to live - born without any comprehension of love, hate, prejudice, economics, likes, dislikes, religion-which (or not), much........ much to be filled in in the blanks of life. Shake and bake - hope he, she has good, loving role models, lives in, learns from, a village - or, on a homestead out in the boonies if that be the case.  Life, fill 'her up Ethel.

Life is too... kind of a test.  As a kid, student, my favorite kinda test was true/false. We've determined in past blogs, I'm a simpleton, ie, months and months of pouring over old local newspapers leading up to our 50th HS Class reunion, I found virtually each and every 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Quarter Honor Roll list.. Hey?  Where's my name?   Simpleton.

I liked true false tests because........... the way I see it, you gotta fitty percent chance to be correct.  So, if I knew the answers to halfa the questions (good start Victor, TY), then, all I hadta do was guess and hopefully get halfa the rest correct......... presto, 75%, C, M, whatever you call it, that be me.

Multiple choice, eh..  not so much...  Essay.. well, there's the ole "you can fool all of the people some of the time" but that crap didn't work with teachers.  So no to essay tests.

Fill in the blanks, hard.  Difficult.

That blank canvas..  That lil' baby in the nursery.  How do we do it?  "Honey?  I ain't never changed a diaper before..YOU do it."  Ahm, George, we need to talk. A lot.

Influence comes from (this ain't Victor talking, it's Google) "educators, family, friends, coworkers, healthcare providers, community leaders.."  Yeah?  I reckon.

Like the little "I think I can I think I can" train a rollin' down the tracks, or, perhaps the big ole Airbus going down the runway - soon, takeoff happens and we're entrusted to fill in the blanks of our lives - with our own two feet.

Much, (OK yes, this is me talking) much, I feel, influences.. Our folks.  Our socio-economic status.  Our religious (or not) upbringing.)  The sandbox. The sandbox's location.  Playground.  Commute. Athletic teams (sorry, not sorry). Neighbors. Adults (when we're termites... who do we trust and why.. and what happens if that trust is shaken?)... ...

Direction?  Where do ya go, whadda ya do?  How'd you get where you're at, and  I don't really mean "Well, we used Atlas Van Lines"... I'm talkiing stuff like your job, your mate, your political (or not) take, your frugality (or not), do ya like good music, yeah yeah, that sweet soul music?... Sir, may I have another heapin' helpin of that Sushi?  YUCK, not for me.  How do we know?  Learn?  Get there?

Yes, I think mates play a huge role.  Ya get home from the Hospital. Twelve baby showers, a full pantry, a den fulla plastic crap for little Johnny to jump up, play with.. but, ya ask "the hell do we do now Mabel?"  And while we fill in our own blanks, we simultaneously (help) fill in the blanks of our kiddos.  Some sticks, some not.

Me thinks, just me speaking, we spend a lifetime trying to figure out whointhehell we are. We spend time in many realms, "I like me", "Not so much", "This is hard", "This is WONDERFUL", "I wanna take a nap."

Like sands through the hourglass..  as we age.. perhaps somea them pieces of sand are a little bigger than others. and get stuck, as in, stuck in our ways.  I think "that's cool too".  We're deserving of living howintheheck we wanna.  Of course within the law, within the mostly approval of our mate.

Thank goodness for Al Gore. So much out there to help fill in the blanks. Dot.com. AOL. Now, we gots APPS.  X, Instagram. Facebook. TikTok. YouTube. WhatsApp, WeChat. SnapChat. Reddit. Pinterest. Quora. Amazon. We can order dinner. Groceries. A palm pilot. Check our blood pressure. Google what's wrong with us so we can tell the Doc when we go in for our appointment. Find a date, mate, ancestor. Facetime our grands in Sioux City. Zoom twelve fellow geezers from our HS class in twelve different cities. And we ain't even addressed Cable, streaming, CNN, Fox, ESPN. 

AI.   Hell's bells, soon, we won't need to fill in the blanks.  AI will do it for us.  Can AI tie my shoes?  Wipe my booty? VICTOR!!!!  Sorry, kinda, just worry about these blanks.

Apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.  Mabel, let's do a DNA test, that sucker don't look, act like neither of us.

Love, your blankety blank friend, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...