Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Just (another) old fashioned love song............

Something in the way she moves............. and I, will always love you... I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.. . Ain't no woman like the one I got......  I say a little prayer for you.....   I got you babe...  Ain't no mountain high enough.,,  At last...... you sing it Etta!

Of course.  Dayum love songs.  Hand me that spittoon Mildred, patooey!

So... some guy named Chad.. to get his MA in Sociology at the University of Florida studied the lyrics of the most popular songs on Billboard from 2002 to 2005... and also 1968 to 1971. Then, he got out a hammer, chisel, and this big rock and set in stone that 60 to 65 percent of songs are about LOVE.

Love hurts.  Hell to the yes Nazareth...  Hey Meat Loaf.. I too am praying for the end of time.  Diane, tell Jackie to clam it, don't go near that shady tree, and for behoogity sakes, keep your Bobby Brooks PULLED UP!

WHY WHY WHY?

Victor, you sound like a bitter old divorcee..  I AM NOT A BITTER OLD DIVORCEE!  Oh, sorry. I will tellya, you guys (not all, some) bitch (sorry, kinda, not really) about SPORTS.. it (Bitter ole divorcee) is why I listen to Sport's talk - so I ain't gotta listen to love songs the whole dayum commute, trip, drive, 24/7, yuck, patooey, spit spit spitoon.. they're coming to take me away haha, they're coming to take me away ho ho hee hee ha ha.

THAT'S IT!  Gimme songs about SPORTS!  Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today...   I'm talkin' baseball (Willie, Mickey and The Duke)..  We are the champions..  Eye of the Tiger..  it's fun to stay at the YYYY MMM CCC AAA.. and NOT to listen to Fools Rush In...and NO Elvis, I ain't never shot a rabbit but I just might kapow that AM dial or Sirius, Pandora whadever ya call it.. NO MORE LOVE SONGS.

Then Victor, turn the dial to Dance songs!  Hey, mebbe a good idea.. Tell 'em Archie.. you don't only sing, you dance just as good as you walk.....right you are Chubby..  Twist all night!... mebbe Moondance works Van, I LOVES ME some saxaphone! WAIT!  stop.. stymie halt..  ALTO...  nuh uh, nope, nommore.. .it takes TWO to Tango, and us single, scorned, divorced, grumpy  old men (AND women) don't wanna listen any more.  Gimme, give us....... Instrumentals. YEAH! That works!

Green Onions there Booker T...  Wipe Out Surfaris!  Fart on them love songs.. Howabout a little Classical Gas Mason?  Good idea Pee Wee.. TEQUILA!

No......... repeat NO songs about Kiss.. Hug.. Chapel... Darling.. Sweetheart.. Passion. .Beloved..   GIMME GOBBLEDY GOOP! Like....

Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga, I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob...  Ramalam ding dong, ramalam ding dong, ramalam ding ding dong, rama lama lama lama-lama ding dong...  Oh Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ah, shimmy shimmy ko-ko-bop, shimmy shimmy bop... Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey... I'm getting dizzy..  me too..

Nuttin' about love..  PUT ME IN A GOOD MOOD!

Here comes the sun...... Good vibrations.  We are family (YEAH BABY!)..  Celebrate good times COME ON!  Don't worry, be happy.. That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!    Lovely day..  Blue Skies.. 

Howabout plain ole songs about animals?  Ya mean like, Wild Horses?  White Rabbit..  Crocodile Rock.. The lion sleeps tonight..    Howabout worms?  Huh? Worms?  Yeah.....

They always, always pick on me
They never, never let me be
I'm so very lonesome, awfully sad
It's a long time since I've been glad,

But,I know what I'll do bye and bye,
I'll eat some worms and then I'll die,
And when I'm gone you wait and see,
They'll all be sorry that they picked on me.

Eh what the hey... It'll be OK.

Victor, I saw you crying in the Chapel.  Nuh uh, I think we got married at The Country Club, can't remember!  Anyways.. I will survive.. Dancing on my own..  and Bill (Ain't no sunshine) I just looked out, it IS Sunny!

No.  This blog isn't serious.  Life itself is, can be, serious.  Fun.  We need fun. Victor, who said this was fun?  Eh, you're right.  I was trying to fun, realize it didn't work too well.

Oh well.  I truly love music, ALL. I do. (So, haha, that's makes THREE Times now I've said "I do.") 

I knew a gal who lived high up on a hill
Every Friday night, she'd give my heart a thrill
One night I came a-callin', I ran down the hill a-bawlin'
Cause she'd run off with some old fart named Bill

Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me


I'ma pickin'...  I'm a grinnin'..   and I'm BR-549

Nice ta meetya, party on Garth.......

Love, Victurd (Click below.. if you dare!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...