Monday, April 22, 2024

Paint splatters.....

"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into."  Said by either Laurel or Hardy, I ain't rightly sure.  

When I say it though... I'm actually talking to myself.

I talk (type) too much, but you knew that.  Insteada a blog, I should probably be emailing or texting myself... sorry to include, kinda...  but... like much here... I somehow attain comfort in typing, wondering "Do you ever feel that?   Do that?  Am I nuts and is it just me? (You ain't gotta answer that one!)

Undun.

Song by The Guess Who, released in 1969.  Digging, it was written by Randy Bachman who got the idea from lyrics he'd heard in a Bob Dylan song.  (Editor's note.. . bless him. My ex, who yes, I love, always will, LOVED Bob Dylan.  Went, heard him boo-koo times.  Never, well, hardly ever, could i understand whatinthehell words Bob was singing, so, bless Randy for 'ciperhing cause them words were always blowing, bungled in the wind when I heard him.)

He heard "She's come undone."

Sadly, the lyrics (Undun, 1969) are about a girl Randy had witnessed at a party, she'd dropped acid and gone into a coma.   

'She's come undone, 
She found a mountain that was far too high
And when she found out she couldn't fly
It was too late."

This ain't about acid, Bob, Randy, yada.

This is about blurt, hurt, things that happen - can't be undone.  Certain you've maybe heard the story below.. and sorry (kinda) this post is so long:

“There once was a little boy who had a very bad temper. His father decided to hand him a bag of nails and said that every time the boy lost his temper, he had to hammer a nail into the fence.

On the first day, the boy hammered 37 nails into that fence.

The boy gradually began to control his temper over the next few weeks, and the number of nails he was hammering into the fence slowly decreased. He discovered it was easier to control his temper than to hammer those nails into the fence.

Finally, the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father the news and the father suggested that the boy should now pull out a nail every day he kept his temper under control.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.

‘You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there.’”

This blog ain't (necessarily) about anger. The lesson the boy learned was a good one. It's moreso about things you can't undo.  Old Blue Eyes, in his song "My Way" sang "Regrets, I've had a few."

It is with virtually 100% certainty I think I can write we all have BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

Ya get in situations where winning, "getting my way", he's wrong, she's wrong, patooey... it makes ya ache... mental ache, to me, is the worst kinda ache.  It's like that feeling you get right before regurgitation, but, you walk around with that feeling all day, all night, all week.. 

You can go over acrylic paint. You can erase a #2 lead. (Who uses them nowadays?)  Dry erase boards are wunnerful.  Then there is indelible ink.  Magic markers that can't be magically undone.

About all one can do is "And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us."

Time.  Wait it out until that urge hits one can safely devour a big, juicy cheeseburger.  Able to go have fun, laugh with friends, suckup good, life.

Shit happens.  It is what it is. There will always be marks in the fence.

Hopefully we all, emphasis on all (and I don't write that with "I win" intent, truly).. hopfullly we all stop carpentering nails one day.

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...