Thursday, May 2, 2024

Home cookin'.............

Whatever pleases your palate...  floats your boat.

Cooking.  'Structions, ie, recipes.  

I'm weird, but you knew that.  For sure I have weird eating habits, and, mebbe the same could be said about "take on life", likes, dislikes, huh uh - not that, SECONDS, yes please!

When we plan to devour that thing called life...... we pick and choose (go right ahead, call me judgmental) the 'ingredients of what's in our crock pot of life.

Ifn's we're going to a big gala (note, I ain't been to a big gala in a long, long time) we must get the book our (plan), find the ingredients... go to Piggly... buy... put groceries away... turn to page in book for that exact recipe.. read, reread, line up pots, pans, and mark, set, go, cook.

A wedding. A reunion. A Baptism. A loved one coming home from overseas for heap big family, friend party.  MUCH planning.  Tedious but worth it.  That group, The Undisputed Truth, I remember they sang "Smiling faces, smiling faces, sometimes, they don't tell the truth."  Well, scram there band because yummy, hella many ingredient meals, coinciding with a purpose, a love, loved ones - is YUMMY, that, is the undisputed truth.

Then, there are times, ya don't put on makeup... you don't wear a bra  (me neither).. ya throw on comfy clothes (not runway model clothes) and GO.  A last minute planned "yeah, lets."  LET'S means LET US.  This is akin to microwave cooking.

I'm a pickin' and I'm a grinnin.  We do do that when selecting where, what to eat away from home.  This kinda mealtime is like friends.  We want familiarity.  "It's always fun when we hang out with them", ie, akin to picking our fav' Ital, Mex, Chinese, greasy spoon, yada.  We go, do, eat, again and again. Over the years, if we don't make occasional pit stops to the gym or the high school track, we get fat and happy.  Oh well, certainly could be worse.

"If you are a chef, no matter how good a chef you are, it's not good cooking for yourself, the joy is cooking for others, the same with music."   will.i.am

Then, in life, there's mates.  Meals with mates.  Well planned, "I'm doing this for you because I love you" kinda meals.  Neatly arranged plates, forks, spoons.  Centerpiece with a candle providing just the right amounta light for them lean  in soft kisses.  Ulterior motive there Mister?  Well, this song came to mind.......

So rock me mama like a wagon wheel, 
Rock me mama anyway you feel
Hey mama rock me
Rock me mama like the wind and the rain
Rock me mama like a south-bound train
Hey mama rock me

The meal doesn't necessarily have to include pork in the ingredients but trust me, there's some piggy around somewhere!

Likes, dislikes.  I'm sorry, I just don't think I want to  selectively choose him/her to play golf with again.  ie, next time ya make a meal (tee time) from the recipe list, cut (parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, kale, garlic, onion powder - whatever/whoever it is ya ain't gotta hankerin' for.

Damn you Victor, I know I've seen you say before here "I love all people."   Uh huh, do, but that don't necessarily mean I wanna sit by 'em in the golf cart, or at the Olive Garden, for hours upon hours.  You know, it's like Charlie.  Try as we/some might, there ain't no gettin' away from who we/some are.  VICTOR!  That's kinda uppity ain't it?  Exclusive?  Not no's, but hells nots.  I am FULLY aware, try as I might, some just don't like me.  I can deal with that. We can hang with who we wanna hang with, cook with what, how, we wanna.   "Sorry Charlie, Starkist does not want tunas with good taste, Starkist wants tunas that taste good."   Fancy for, more like me, us, fun, yummy, let's.. let's gather again, go, do, eat, same thing.

Victor, this is boring, you've got 45 minutes before you need to go to work, you still need gas, purchase something to take back home...  pun mebbe intended, PUT A LID ON IT.

Cooking, eating, choices, pickin', grinnin', it's all like life.  There for the choosing.  We are different. Similar. We filter.  We might throw in another pinch, tsp, tbsp, cup... we might not include things that our not to our liking (doesn't mean we protest, boycott, denounce - we just go another way.)

"Food, to me, is always about cooking and eating with those you love and care for."  David Chang

Victor, you're slipping.  A whole damn blog, not too many songs.

Day-O, day-o,come mister tally man, tally me banana....

Cheeseburger in paradiseHeaven on Earth with an onion sliceNot too particular, not too preciseI'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

Goodbye, Joe, he gotta go, me oh my ohHe gotta go-pole the pirogue go down the BayouHis Yvonne the sweetest one, me oh my ohSon of a gun, we'll have big fun on the Bayou

YOU tell 'em Hank, Jambalaya, I'll pat ma' foot and I really do gotta go to work.

Cook up a good day friends........

Love, Victurd

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/ZzoG5LL8RKkATNaL/?mibextid=oFDknk




No comments:

Post a Comment

I call BS........

If a liar's pants really did catch fire when telling a whopper, the US would be ablaze, not just them trees in Cali. "Aunt Mildred,...