Saturday, May 18, 2024

Paint anyways......

On a scale of 1 to 100 (with 1 being the best), I would rank as the 100th (ie, last) person you'd call for........ advice on relationships...  quitting smoking.... investing... and....... painting.  Self deprecation, that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.  Well, not like, but, mebbe shrug shoulders and attempt justification with, meh, whatever.

The painting part.

To me, that's kinda like life.  We be in the driver's seat of life...  We steer, hit the gas, press the brake - and if ever oh ever an outta the ordinary happens (divorce, loss of job, a child divorces, some family moves away, any kinda upset the four wheeled apple cart) - it's like, uh oh, now, not only do we gotta steer, press gas, press brake,....... now, there's a clutch, both feet are involved - and all-of-a-sudden, life is akin to being stopped, going uphill, at a stop sign,  Left foot on clutch, right foot on brake, and, of course, the guy'/gal behind you affords you 9 inches to let that foot off the brake, release the clutch, hit the gas while simultaneously praying.

Many, stop driving.  Park that sucker under the carport, in the 3 car garage.. .out back by the outhouse. Yup, huh uh, no way, life is hard enough, seeya, wouldn't wanna beya.

So Victor, you've set the stage of yuck... this, I suppose, is where you "look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane... no, it's (Preacher) SUPERVICTURD! AHM, NO, it's not.

This, I guess, is more about never giving up...  or, back to painting, at least starting, trying, giving it a whirl.

Backing up a tad... not quite all the way to the Big Chief days, but, close.  I have been a self imposed victim of dogeared notebook pages.. writing with the wrong damn hand so the 'butt' of my palm smudges everything as I write from left to right... all combined with, talent, LACK THEREOF artistically.

A few years back, I was either sleepwalking, or, I'd accidentally taken a double dosage of some kinda med I was on, and I snapped out of it in the Arts and Crafts aisle at WallyWorld. I bought a set of cheapy acrylic paint, three 10x14 blank canvas thingys (one for each grand) - checked out, headed home, thinking to self "YOU are a big idiot."  It's ok, I've cussed me plenty of times.

I had school pics of two, a toddler pic of the other, and away I went to paint.  Staring at a blank canvas is a hunnerd and ninety times scarier than staring at a blank blog page.  I cheated, kinda sorta.  I 'blew up the pics' the best I could... measured every dadgum distance I could measure (outside of ear to inside of right eye.. width of nose at the bottom...  distance between eyebrow, eye, etc.

It took me roughly three weeks, I ruined four longsleeve shirts (see above about dragging butt of left hand thru everything).. but... I finished em.  While they looked more like characters from, say, The Simpsons, than, my actual grandkids.. I went against better judgement and gave the pics to 'em.  They all got laughs, I think enjoyed - so it had a good end.

Sometimes, life itself, EVEN when things are going well - is, can be difficult.. you throw all those additional life upheavals - and, carport it is, I'm dumping my truck in the back forty so it'll get weeds, flat tires, rusty, that.

No, no, no, no.  Remember in Animal House when Bluto (John Belushi) came to his senses, prodded the Deltas on with "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ..Nothing is over until we decide it is.!"

Baseball.  Three hits in ten at bats is considered All-Star like.  The best of the best, Steph Curry, makes 42 out of 100 three-point tries.

Start the car, or FOB it, however that works. Jump in, forget self doubt but remember the seatbelt.  Pop the clutch and go, go go! Paint. Go to church. Read at the library.  Take a fitness class. Go to the community pool (trust me, there is similar ugly to me).. Just get up, out.  "Never give up" that Jimmy V says.

You say, "Yes", I say, "No" (I say, "Yes", but I may mean, "No")You say, "Stop", I say, "Go, go, go" (I can stay still it's time to go)Oh, oh no

Hela, heba, helloa, hela heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloaHela, heba, helloa, (hela) hela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloaHela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloa...   Whatever in the hell that means.

Point being.  Git up, go.  Ain't no one perfect.  Always wanted to try something but afraid you'd suck?  Who cares?  It ain't the grade... it's getting off that uphill grade with the clutch, brake both pressed.  Out on the open road where the grade is level for all, life is yummy, even when the view sometimes ain't. 

Come out of a relationship that fell many, many years short of the Golden Anniversary?  Right you are, never try again.  Joshing, I say BS.

Victurd say "Been there, avoided that."  Then, I finally got the truck out from under the carport, outta the garage, from the back forty, and went.  Ya know, it felt pretty good.  Painting, SURE, twas terrible, but it felt oh so dang good.

Miyagi say "Paint the fence."  Advice?  Just ask Sherwin Williams.

Hela, heba, helloa, hela heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloaHela, heba, helloa, (hela) hela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloaHela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloa, hela, heba, helloa...   Whatever in the hell that means.

Forward by Vinceturd, Pigpen and Moaning Lisa.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

I couldn't sleep at all last night

Got to thinkin' of you Baby things weren't right Well I was tossin' and turnin' Turnin' and tossin' A tossin' an...