Friday, May 10, 2024

You scream, I scream... are we talking ice cream here?

"Alex, what are famous quotes of excitement for fitty dollars."

The Mutant Ninja Turtles said "Cowabunga" (but were you aware Chief Thunderthud originated it on the show Howdy Doody in the late 40's, early fitties?  Me neither)

Fred's Yabba Dabba Doo! twas said assuredely when the factory bell hit 5 and he jumped in his 'car' and 'pedaled' home. I'm so glad I get insomnia and look a tad deeper into things like this (not, ok, maybe, kinda)... anyways... the origin of Yabba Dabba Doo was from voice actor Alan Reed's mother who'd said "A little dab'll do ya!  The original phrase in the script was "Yahoo."  Yippee, ain'tya glad you learnt that?

JJ made a living/career outta "Dyn-o-mite!"

An excited HervĂ© Villechaize's "De Plane! De Plane!" paved the way for many a vertically challenged actor to make bank too. (DeVito, Guillermo, yada)

Johnny Olson was the first on Price is Right to holler "Come on down!" Band Camp, there once was a local radio talk show host (Dana, of Dana & Parks), fun/funny gal who'd made it all the way to the Showcase Showdown... actually WON the whole kit-kaboodle... she replayed (on radio) as she took the instructions on the wheel from Drew Carey, and standing next to a couple of perty models, she spun the wheel with all her might, was jumping up and down excitedly and kinda sorta faintly, not really so faint, said to one'a the perties, "I just peed my pants a bit!"

Excitement.  WHAT BETTER?

I wish I could jump in your shoes to hear of your lifetime, excitement moments, but, I wear a size 11, my feet are real wide, and.. they stink, so I won't even try.

That feeling..... like none other...... I think of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge... brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

OK, you're stuck. I think of living for a little league game.  A tad older, jumping off a cliff that was way too damn high to jump off of, into the water, but, we did... that feeling on the way down "Will I ever get there?"..  "Will a rock kill me?"... "Will I be able to come back up?"  The feeling like none other.

The famous 'rassler' Ric Flair might say "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Having my baby, what a lovely way of saying how much you love me...  I had one child, will never EVER forget that moment.. C-section, I coulda, prolly shoulda gone in to watch.. didn't wanna see her cut open.. .didn't..  nurse came out, "Mr Schultze, would you like to carry your baby down to the nursery?"  Again, a feeling like none other.  One Austin Powers might exclaim "YEAH BABY!"

TOO many Victor stories, reading them become chores - in the meantime, I hope you've thought of yours!

Long ago, far away.  27 of us.  Our Liberty, MO, William Jewell College Sigma Nu fraternity.  Spring Break. (When I, at my present Geezer age, read about travel, beach destinations, sometimes you'll see an attached moniker "stay away during Spring Break.")  To hell with that. One of my ALL-TIME favorite moments, trips.  27 of us, in cars that prolly had no business driving further South than Springfield, Mo... (Continued, long winded, sorry, kinda)

27 of us. Victor, that's the third time you've told us that. Sorry, kinda, not really, twas onea the funnest times of my life. My memory (skeery I know) tells me "we drove 24 hours straight through'... i just Google Mapped it... we went to BROWNSVILLE, TX, Padre Island...right at 17 hours.. 1100 miles..  (continued again, sorry)

27 of us.. .for whatever reason, thinking, remembering 24 hours (mighta had a tad to do with smoking 184 cigs each, going thru cases and cases of whatever the going cheap beer was back then, some bottles of Bali Hai or, Boones Farm, something and prolly something else.. ... anyways, 27 of us, once we finally got there, found a route to drive right up the the Gulf, too dark to grab suitcase, backpack, dig out swimsuit... stripped nekkid and splashed about in the Gulf for at least and hour or so.  Simpletons, you say?  Uh huh, we were. Didn't, don't care.  Thank goodness the jellyfish weren't out. A forever memory.

The barometer of emotion is a lifelong thing.  Way down there, WAY UP THERE. Life is yummy.  Or, as Ric Flair might say,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Emote

^ up there.  It's a good thing,

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...