Thursday, June 13, 2024

Hound dogs, rabbits and EAP programs.....

 You ain't nothin' but a hound dog

Cryin' all the time
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
OK Elvis.  First, I've been fortunate to own a lotta dogs in my day.  None of em cried all the time.
Well... I take that back.  There was Scruffy. I love all dogs, but must admit, ole Scruff was kinda at the bottom of the list.  I truly don't mind puppy dog tongues, licks, comes with being an owner of canines.  That (getting in your face, licking,) was ALL Scruffy thought about.
Well...  i take that back.  Scruffy howled, cried maybe, in consternation.  You see, Scruffy was a male, wirey somethingorother Terrier.. bout 12 inches tall. He shared our household with Sadie, female, a 24" tall, beautiful, Lab mix. Try as he might, and he mighta a hunnerd kajllion times, there was simply no way Scruffy and Sadie could, "you know."  Consternation, howl (repeated).  Shuddup Scruffy, oops, sorry, kinda, slipped.

Well they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Yeah they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
Wait a minute.  Just a Tupelo minute.  Whar's Jorine or Moffitt whenya need em.  I know "you was" ain't proper... ain't 'high-classed' wrong too?  (This is where some chicky [Misogynist, AM NOT] chimes in "but Victor, ain't you seen the deep baby, blues, the purity of his voice, and we ain't even mentioned the way he swivels his hips, and... other parts, who gives a crap about grammar."  Yeah yeah, I get it.
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
No, I have never caught a rabbit.  I've got three deer in my time, but I ain't never shot one.  I captured, caught, in a cage, quite a few of those yucky raccoons. I heard, "Take em at least three miles, or else they'll pickup the scent, come back. Each instance was It's Now Or Never... I took 'em to the other sidea the Missouri River.  Tutti Frutti, swim that ya furry little basta!
So Victor.. yes?  After you dumped the raccoons, Are You Lonesome Tonight?  Bite me.
Well they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Yeah they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
OK, I'm crying in the chapel for more, differen't lyrics.  I said over and over and over again.. Ahm, Victor?  Yes?  That was the Dave Clark Five. Oh, sorry, don't be cruel.
Suspicious minds wonder, If I can dream, there ain't more, differen't lyrics. It's now or never to change em.  Sorry, it's too late Victor, return your request to Sender.  Sorry there Mr. Prissy, I guess it's hard for me to see from your Blue Suede Shoes.

Well they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Ya know they said you was high-classed
Well, that was just a lie
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
OK, tired of talking about lyrics.  Elvis, of course, is a legend.  How hard would it have been to walk in his shoes?  He couldn't go anywheres.. I guess that's the price one pays for fame.

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
Cryin' all the time
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine
Elvis is The King.  There's never been another like him and there probably never will. I was gonna do a stupid pun on the Employee Assistance Program being named for him (Elvis Aaron Presley) and I guess I did just make that pun.  Elvis, the man who really couldn't go anywhere...  thus, he turned to a list of opioids, sedatives, and very poor eating habits... well, you saw him. 
Victor, next to your stupid Squirrels on Motocycle's, this may be the second worst blog ever. I thought you said you was high-classed?
I'm All Shook Up.....
Hmmm, ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...