Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The evens are West to East (or vice versa), the odds are North to South, uh huh, or vice versa

Whoo!

Mm, yeah

Life's like a road that you travel on

When there's one day here and the next day gone

Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand

Sometimes you turn your back to the wind

There's a world outside every darkened door

Where blues won't haunt you anymore

Where the brave are free and lovers soar

Come ride with me to the distant shore

We won't hesitate

To break down the garden gate

There's not much time left today, yeah

Life is a highway

I wanna ride it all night long

That Tom Cochrane chap wrote this. Canadian dude. Roughly same age. This is where I, a simpleton from the get go, try to interpret. Ha.

Mebbe about living life to the fullest, in spite of darkened doors, haunting blues, and Victurd input, folks ya love, folks ya no likey, falling down, getting up. Highways are kinda like life. Shit happens, flat tires, outta gas (figuratively and literally). Keep going Everready. That ding you keep hearing five miles down the road means your turnsignal is still on geezer Victurd. Bite me.

If you're goin' my way

Well, I wanna drive it all night long

Through all these cities and all these towns

It's in my blood and it's all around

I love you now like I loved you then

This is the road and these are the hands

He speaks, me thinks, about relationship. A large chunka us desire one. You can't always get what you want. Go away (for now) Mick, Tom's got the floor.

From Mozambique to those  Memphis nights

The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights

Places, people, different, my take. Culture diversity, Arkansas Arkansas I just love ole Arkansas. When in Rome, fast on Saturday, vino, bread, pasta, any other ole night.

Knock me down, I'm back up again

You're in my blood, I'm not a lonely man

It's an up, down World. 4th and 12, First down! Tubthumping, Whack-A-Mole, grass stain, shower and new duds.

There's no load I can't hold

A road so rough, this I know

I'll be there when the light comes in

Just tell 'em we're survivors

First I was afraid, I was petrified. You tell em Gloria, I'll pat ma' foot.  Bumps in road, no matter what ya drive, right Mr Knievel?

Life is a highway

Well, I wanna ride it all night long (whoo!)

If you're goin' my way

I wanna drive it all night long (all night long)

A gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, yeah

Life is a highway

Well, I wanna ride it all night long (mm, yeah)

If you're goin' my way (you're goin' my way)

I wanna drive it all night long (all night long)

There was a distance between you and I (between you and I)

A misunderstanding once

But now we look it in the eye

Ooh, yeah (mm, yeah)

There ain't no load that I can't hold

The roads are rough, this I know

I'll be there when the light comes in

Tell 'em we're survivors

Life is a highway

Well, I wanna ride it all night long (all night long, yeah)

If you're goin' my way

Well, I wanna drive it all night long (a gimme, gimme, gimme, a gimme, gimme, yeah)

Life is a highway (life is a highway)

I wanna ride it all night long (whoo, yeah)

If you're goin' my way (you're goin' my way)

I wanna drive it all night long (all night long, yeah)

(Come on, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, yeah)

Life is a highway

I wanna ride it all night long (yeah, I wanna drive it all night long, baby)

If you're goin' my way (you're goin' my way)

I wanna drive it all night long (all night long)

I likes this song. Optimism surrounded by potholes, assholes. Bad happens. Sorry Mr Tolltaker, I'm a dime short. Carry on my wayward way?

This is where I preach. Keep an extra jug of windshield washer fluid in the trunk. (Rain-X is the bomb.) Don't let the bugs of life bug you. 

Carry an 8 inch by 8 inch piece'a foam with ya in case ya get sciatica and your butt hurts.

Life is a highway, but, get off the beaten path. All mile markers and exit signs make Jack a dull boy.

See the USA in your Chevrolet, or Ford, any American made car...and if not, mebbe try for one manufactured here.

Rollin' rollin' rollin', keep those doggies rollin', or cats, whatever your passion.

Mostly, enjoy the ride,

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...