Sunday, June 30, 2024

Sittin' here in la la.......

Plagiarized, rearranged, inverted, absurded... all that... with kinda sorta apologies to the KC Star writer regarding today's article about Zoey Hrabe.

Some time after the littlest of snotnoses carry home an array of cut and paste, student of the month, "for you Mom" pictures... and af ter the yeller busses make their final exit stage left....... a good bit of time after "when I grow up I wanna be" sophomores, juniors & seniors drive away from high school in SUV's, hybrids, 'lectric things, vans, Chevy's, Ford's - many, with Spotified speakers blaring at the loudest level, Alice Cooper sings "SCHOOLS OUT FOR THE SUMMER."

Yeah, that.

Oh, well, I'm

Sittin' here in la la, waitin' for my ya ya, oh oh
Sittin' here in la la, waitin' for my ya ya, oh oh
It may sound funny but I don't believe she's comin', oh oh

Yeah, after that.  Administrators from school districts around a big bullseye of Kansas City, send nominations for THE SCHOLAR ATHLETES OF THE YEAR.  One boy. One girl.

The names are put in onea them phone booth like looking things, a fan turned on, they blow around like crazy, a Star writer puts his hand in and grabs a name.

No, that ain't it, sorry.  Up to three names (boy and girl) from each area high school are submitted.. "a team of KC Star staffers, prominent members of the community, including players of the Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, Current, all them. "Judges reviewed the nominees' portfolios for athletic and academic prowess, as well as their community service.....

Then, bingo bango bongo. ONE BOY. ONE GIRL.

Baby hurry don't make me worry, oh oh
Yeah baby hurry don't make me worry, oh oh
You know that I love you, oh how I love you, oh oh

Zoey Hrabe was selected the Girls Scholar Athlete of the Year.  That's the enda the blog, seeya.

jk

Sittin' here in la la, waitin' for my ya ya, oh oh
Sittin' here in la la, waitin' for my ya ya, oh oh
It may sound funny but I don't believe she's comin', oh oh

Where to start.  Well....... Zoey did, does pretty decent in three sports.  How decent Victor?  Well, a couple years ago she took up pole vaulting.  School didn't have a coach for that, so Zoey taught herself. She do any good?  Uh huh, she won the conference. Yeah?  State?  Second place. Her first year? Uh huh. Oh and she was All State Academic in Track too. Up up and away Zoey!

That, the PV stuff, was a year after she was crowned State Champion in tennis as a sophomore. Nuh uh.  Uh huh, it's true Ripley.  

Oh, she can run too.  The year before (AS A FRESHMAN?.. .uh huh).. as a member of her school's 4x100 and 4x200 they won conference... and then again... and again.. and, one more time before Alice Cooper sang.

Baby hurry, don't make me worry, no no
Yeah baby hurry, don't make me worry, no no
You know how I love you, oh how I love you, oh oh

Did she go to class?  Yep, and then some.  "She won awards recognizing her achievements in both the sciences and humanities, having participated in summer medical programs in at Georgetown and Wake Forest... oh, and she won an award at the University of Central Missouri Film Festival for the Best Use of Chinese Language at an Advanced Level.  Wowzer.

"Around ten. I wanted to learn Spanish... mom said 'nah, why don't you try Chinese'.. so I did."  Next Fall, Zoey vaults off to California (Occidental College of LA) where she thinks she'll double major in Chinese and Biology with the goal of becoming an orthopedic surgeon.  When she sets goals, ahm, she's done perty good it seems.

Sittin' here in la la waitin' for my ya ya, ah ah
Sittin' here in la la waitin' for my ya ya, uh uh
It may sound funny but I don't believe she's comin', uh uh

OK Victor, we get it, BUT, whatsup with all this "Sittin here in la la waitin; for my ya ya, ah ah."?

I thought you'd never ask.

When Zoey was 14 months old, she had a full head of hair, could already walk, oh, and she was matched through an adoption agency in China to the family, aka, mom Stacie and hubby.

Sittin' here in LA LA (prolly)...  Waitin' for my ma ma  uh huh.

"But, the first time I held her," Stacie said, "she was terrified of us.  It was heartbreaking."  The first four months after being adopted, Zoey wouldn't cry, and didn't really speak. Her mom taught her sign language..  "It takes her awhile to let her guard down, but once she does, she's the most loyal person.  I'll never forget when they handed her to me - the weight of her in my arms and how she felt.  She was absolutely perfect in that first night."

Thank you to Kylie Volavongsa, KC Star writer for the very nifty article.

Zoey is gonna soar.  In fact, she already has.

Love, Victurd



No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty is the only certainty........... Weight for it........

Criminy, Victurd's off on a tangent again. Yeah mebbe.  I was reading an article about the NFL's new kickoff rule... (Victor, you ta...