Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Grape Jelly............ Door Dash...... Smash Mouth... Howya doin'?

So, of course by now you've figured out what I'm talking about..... so, that ends today's blog.

Wait justa gol' durn minute Victurd....... you drunk?

Ahm, nope.  Fat and happy.

Howya doin'?

People say things like........ fat and happy...   tired and old (my personal fav)..  Finer'n frog hair... Good enough..   fine thanks, and you?...   Can't complain though sometimes I do.

Smash Mouth?

The hell is that?  You talking about when the poor baby turns one, they have his Birthday party and they smash his face/mouth into the cake?

Swing and a miss..   I'm talking Baseball Ray.....  Smash Mouth wrote the song All Star..  with ending lyrics like.......

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
All that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the most.

So, you're talking Bobby Witt Jr aren't ya?  And, how fun that was last night, at least for you damn braggadocios Kansas Citians... Proud ain'tya?  Big City Penis Envy, so to speak. Hell to the yes proud, THAT was fun.

Five or six of us '12 year olds' (at least we were, acted like it last night)..  most, septuagenarians (Wiki tells me that be 70-79 yrs old) and some sexagenarians (that be 60-69 yr olds) rooted like crazy for Bobby.  Darn near did it..  a few feet of fence kept him from winning.  Bobby would answer.. (to Howya doin'?) FANTASTIC

Ingred Andress, howya doin'?  If you missed Bobby, chances are you missed Ingred sing the National Anthem.  I did see Bobby, but missed the anthem, have heard replays, and it ain't perty.  Many are saying "Worst ever rendition"  So....... howya doin?  She'd prolly answer, "Oh, Im good.. I've been nominated for 4 Grammys, a Danish Film Award, an iHeart Music Award, 3 Academy of Country Music Awards and 3 CMA Awards... oh, and last I checked, somewhere between one Mil and five Mil in my bank account. (Victor, that's impressive, especially since she was born when you'd already been outta HS 21 years.  Bite me.)

Door Dash...

Not really door dash, but.. a lady took her elderly pa to the bank.  She tried talking him into Online Banking.. and into online shopping.. like Amazon, groceries, et al. He said "If I do that, I won't have to step out of the house?"  YES! YES! daughter answered excitedly.

Then dear old papa said "Since I entered this bank today, I have met four of my friends.. I chatted with the staff who know me very well now.. two years back I got sick.. the store owner from whom I buy fruits came to see me and sat by my bedside and cried.  When your mom fell a few days back on her morning walk, our local grocer saw her, immediately got his car to rush her home as he knows where I live.  Point taken.

My own father.  13 years after mom died, he started dating a nice lady.  He could sense my uneasyness and for that I feel like a pig.  "Victor, sometimes I go three days without talking to anyone."   Point taken.

This morning I got a text...  "You up?"............. yes....... then a phone call from same number.. It was a pretty much lifelong friend who'd thought maybe, by something I'd written here, something was wrong.  I am very, very appreciative of support, folks, like that, told him I'm fine and that I really appreciated that.

I think anyone, that ain't gots someone to play toostie with under the covers, sure, has brief moments of loneliness.  Truth for me, I have a plethora of people contact thankfully..  through buddies, work, golf, etc.  I'm lucky (I shoulda answered, when asked "How ya doin."?) because I truly am.

Love, good people, nice folks, those that live by the Golden Rule - flat make this World a better place to pitch a tent.

All well, good, albeit a bit sappy Victor.. the hell does Grape Jelly have to do with it?

I went to Mickey D's... I'd used my app so I didn't have to spend so long yapping with the snotnose order-taker.. (Victor, YOU are a pig). oink.  When I got to the window, I'd asked a lady if I could get a couple grape jellys to smother my sausage biscuits with.. she said "sure, but I'm gonna need you to pull up to the first sign and we'll bring it out to  you" - this usually means, somewhere between Wednesday and the time Ronald McDonald graduates, has his AA and is off to heap Big State University.

And?

You'd asked "How ya doin'?"  The answer is great.  Sausage biscuits smothered with grape jelly that WAS in the bag..   I did use online banking to transfer a hunnerd from Savings to Checking until SS check at midnight tonight..  THE ALL STAR GAME ON TONIGHT!  Right Bobby?  Smash Mouth?  Ingred?

That is all, sorry.. too long... 

How YOU doin'?

Love, Victurd 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark-thirty

You know the nighttime, darling (night and day) Is the right time (night and day) To be (night and day) With the one you love, now (night an...