Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Open.......

I cheat.

I pick one word, then blog.  It's an Open and shut case, seesya Thursday.

Oh, sorry.. .kinda..  I gotta slight belly ache, gonna open that jar'a Rolaids.

C'mon, let's go to Denny's.. they're always open.

Who let the dogs out?Who, who, who, who, who?Who let the dogs out?Who, who, who, who, who?Who let the dogs out?  Who, who, who, who, who?
Who let the dogs out?

Band camp.  Before fatness.  There was fitness. Kinda.  I decided to try to see if I could workout 100 consecutive days.  DO NOT pat me on back, I gotta buddy that has worked out every damn day since HS 50+ years ago, I hate him, jk.  I love him.  I'd go, do, arms and cardio one day, legs and cardio the next.  I felt perty darn good. Then, it snowed.  And snowed. And snowed.  Local news  "Stay home if you don't have to get out."  For a hardhead, that means 'remote start, start my car." TBC.....

Slip sliding away... 6, 8, 10 inches of that white crap....I FINALLY made it.. took over 30 minutes.. normally a 7 minute drive.  Huh?  No cars?  Damnit darnit.  The door wasn't open.  Closed due to Weather.  Didn't matter.  Next day I got bronchitis, didn't go.  Made it 94 or 95 days, I forget, GAINED 8 POUNDS.  Go figure.

Someone's knockin' at the doorSomebody's ringin' the bellSomeone's knockin' at the doorSomebody's ringin' the bellDo me a favorOpen the door and let 'em in

Please don't tell McCartney, there have been times this has happened.. .I remain as still as I possibly can...  and don't open no door.  I know I know, I'm a jerk, or, can be.

Ali Baba overheard one of the 40 thieves saying 'Open Sesame'.. the magical phrase that opens the door to the cave where the thieves have hidden their treasure. Ali's overanxious brother, goes in.....  forgets his UserID/Password (or something like that).. offers up the names of other grains, nope, trapped in the cave.

Open and shut case. 

An open book.

Keep your eyes peeled (ie, open)...

Locked the keys in the car?  That'll be $545 to get a new Fob, getya back in the car.

Your barn door is open.  The cave is open but the beast is asleep. In Danish we say "Tivoli har abent', which, translates to ''Tivoli is open' - Tivoli is an amusement park in Copenhagen..

Band camp, clirca 1961, redheaded snotnose. Anxious, after using the john, to go back to the frontyard to continue all important wiffle ball game... glass door, someone had hooked it.  Like a wanna be fullback, said freckleface stiffarmed a glass panel on the door. Panel said "huh uh, tackled" (ie, it broke).  Doc Bowles stitched (I was a regular).  Looking at that scar on the insidea my elbow right now.

Me, me, me.  Sorry......... kinda.

Horrible news, good end.

Band camp. 1978. Mo mother worked at the local college.  She's goofy (said VERY LOVINGLY) in that she enjoys, loves work.  She NEVER missed work. I'm talking never. Heriditary, her dad worked 31 years in a brick plant, missed ONE day in 31 years.  Anyways..  8:40am, my phone rang. Mom started work at 8am.  "Victor I'm worried about your mom, she's not here.. we've tried calling, she isn't answering. Very definately not like her." TBC

I loved loved loved my mom, know you loved yours too. In a heartbeat I was across town, attempting to open the same door that I got my scar from. Nope. Twas hooked.  FOR SURE, something amiss.  Massive stroke. Victor, how could this be horrible news, good end?  TBC

Because... my father stopped traveling (sales).. Got 'D tags', fixed up old clunkers in the alleyway...  cooked.. cleaned.. gave mom a little bell she rang any time she needed anything.. sang as he cooked.  Whistled as he sanded body putty on fenders.  Happy. Each. Both. Nine years of happy before we lost mom.

"An open heart is an open mind."  Dalai Lama XIV

Ante, open.  

The Open Golf Tourney.  It ain't really open, open.  A small group'a pros, amateurs play for a cool $17 million in prizes. OLDEST golf tourney there is. They all at the practice range hoping to open a can'a whoop ass. Canya blame em?

Open a can a worms.  Eh, go fishing if so. Open mouth, insert foot. I do do that. Victor, don't say do do together. K.  I do do that, but, I don't think I can physically do do that today.

Open season, RUN BAMBI!  Open the floodgates. Open batting stance.  Open relationship, oh my goodness. (I heard they wear upside down pineapples.. or flamingos).. 

As usual, I ain't got no catchy ending.  Please keep an open mind about me, and have a wonderful day.

Love, Victurd

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark-thirty

You know the nighttime, darling (night and day) Is the right time (night and day) To be (night and day) With the one you love, now (night an...