Friday, July 19, 2024

Toby did it........ in the Library.... With the candlestick

We got winnersWe got losersChain-smokers and boozersWe got yuppiesWe got bikersWe got thirsty hitchhikersAnd the girls next door dress up like movie starsHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar
The thing I like about the recently completed baseball All-Star game is that many across the land, couldn't give a rat's ass about it.  To that, there are those that are aghast that I used the phrase 'rat's ass'.  Some, ne'er cuss, some, whene'er their mouth opens.
Then, ya got them, that either got the spelling gene, or, Big Chief genetics screwed 'em over.   Like, "whenever there mouth opens", or maybe they scratch out Carly's "Your so vane", or maybe even "vain."  Seven jillion elementary teachers just had a hissy fit over that.  Some, folks ne'er have a hissy, some, seemingly live in one.
We got cowboysWe got truckersBroken-hearted fools and suckersAnd we got hustlersWe got fightersEarly-birds and all-nightersAnd the veterans talk about their battle scarsHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar
Victor, you talked about the All-Star game, then you whooshed on by.. whatsup with that?  I, am on the side that loves loves loves me some baseball.. put me in coach.. i'm a little kid at heart.. I found my thrills on Blueberry Hill... no, that ain't it.. I found my thrills on a wiffle ball field.  I HATE THE FACT THE PLAYERS ALL WHERE (that's expecially for those of you without the spelling gene) THAT SAME DAMN UNIFORM UNIFORM.
Gimme them tootsies lined up on the baseline dressed up in Orioles, Bluejays, Athletics, Royals, Yankees, Red Sox, uni's, yada........Colour my world. Victor, no 'u'..., no, U bite me mate, I'm in London right now........... IF EVERYONE WAS THE SAME IN LIFE WE'D GO INSANE. We got winners, losers, chain smokers, boozers, yuppies, bikers, dressed up girls, cowboys, truckers.......... THAT.
I love this barIt's my kind of placeJust walkin' through the front doorPuts a big smile on my faceIt ain't too far Come as you areHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar
Bar = Life.  Some just lifted one eyebrow up to scoff at me, and that's ok.  I don't mean "Go to the bar", I mean LIFE, is, can be, like this song, all the differences in people. That said, sometimes I like going into the bar, just walkin' through the front door puts a big smile on my face.  A hunnerd and twelve members of the Harper Valley PTA just covered their eyes, ears... or, for them there that ain't ne'er seen a Big Chief.. "covered there eyes."
I've seen short skirtsWe've got high-techsBlue-collared boys and rednecksAnd we got loversLots of lookersI've even seen dancing girls and hookersAnd we like to drink our beer from a mason jarHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this bar(Yes I do)
J&M like to go for walks. And fish. Hi-V, not to be confused with HIV, or, HyVee, likes to grow plants.  I can't.  Legs ain't up for walkin', I hate fishing and the only luck I've ever had with plants is annuals.  I kill them others, and not on purpose (or, porpoise for you speeling-gene-defunct ones), but, annually, I kill perennials. (Butt for your sake, I didn't dare misspell annually.)
I like my truckI like my truckAnd I like my girlfriendI like my girlfriendI like to take her out to dinnerI like a movie now and then
I like to golf. I suck at it, but, there are those that are really good.  There are many that could care less.  (I never unnerstood 'could care less' ifn's they already don't care a bunch, but, 'nuther reason why I love this bar, er, life.)  How much is that doggie in the window?  Strictly Rescue here.  Me an' Earl like giggin' for frogs. I'm on the Regional Board for PETA.  I bet on the ponies, too much mebbe.  Granny said, fold your dollar in half to double it.  I'm a veterinarian..  I'm a vegetarian. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YER DON'T EAT YER MEAT?
But I love this barIt's my kind of placeJust toein' around the dance floorPuts a big smile on my faceNo cover chargeCome as you areHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this barHmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I just love this old bar

Some bars, lives, do gotsa cover charge. Oh baby oh baby, MONEY.  There's them "Hey, can I bum a cig" and then, them there millionaires who play the dadgum game of golf, AND, they look for broken tees so as not to have to buy any.  Extreme.

I extremely like extremes.  And bars. And life.

Red and yellow, and pink and green, purple and orange and blue.. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, you can sing one too!  OH NO I CAN'T.  OH YES YOU CAN!

Taste great.

Less filling.

That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it.  Not me Victor.

I love Christmas.  Hanukkah.  Amazon.  The Piggly Wiggly.  Snotnoses.  Adults only for me perty please, flight attendant, can you do something about that baby in 19C?  Ford. Chevy.  I like my bike.  I'll work 'til I die.  Then there's Maynard G. Krebs.    I like Gilligan better. Not me, I liked Mary Ann. ARE YOU CRAZY?  Come sit right here Ginger!

Ginger?  Gingers are ugly, gimme tan allover.  Tit for tat, I'll take tats, allover, like sleeves, behind ma' ears., tramp stamps.  Not me, I'm a plumber.

Victor, you're nuts.  I'm so very glad, you there, whoever you are telling me I'm nuts, have the speeling gene and you didn't say 'your nuts'.  For what it's worth, pecans are my fav, but, I know almonds are better forya.  I gotta peanut allergy, if I find 'em on my airplane, I'm suing.  I like SW's no assigned seats.  Gimme first class please. Don't you know who I am?

ET phoned home and the world went apeshit. Do gooder, backflip, backflip.  Sorry, here's a quarter.  We all love, hate phones. I got me one'a them earbud things I can talk and you ain't even knowin' I am.  I have caller ID, text ONLY. I hate the phone. We still gotta landline (and a flip phone).

Some folks, they be addicts.  Work, alcohol, drugs, lying, thieving, hoarding, sex.  Sex? Yes, even sex. Nomme. Celebate, celebate, dance to the music.  I can't dance, sorry. Not for me.

I've got an itchy itchy rash. Quit complaining.  Google DIY.   OMG! Hop in, I'll drive you to the ER!

I even like people who have read alla this and ask themselves, "Why did I do that?"

Victor?  Uh oh..... yeah?  Toby?  Library?  Candlestick?  I don't get it.  Duh, he wrote the dayum song you idiat.....  Clue. I hate that game.

I love this bar called life.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark-thirty

You know the nighttime, darling (night and day) Is the right time (night and day) To be (night and day) With the one you love, now (night an...