Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Uncertainty is the only certainty........... Weight for it........

Criminy, Victurd's off on a tangent again.

Yeah mebbe.  I was reading an article about the NFL's new kickoff rule... (Victor, you talk sports, sports, sport......... what gives?)   I like sports, sorry, kinda, not really.

If you gots Bronco, Charger, Cowboys, Chiefs. da Bears, any kinda NFL shirt, hat, pants in your wardrobe - then, it's for certain you know the new kickoff rule has virtually everyone scratching their head.  For years, it's (the kickoff) has kinda been a yawner, he, with heap strong leg, kicks it outta the end zone giving the receiving team no chance - time after time (very close to damn near a certainty) and the ball would be placed at the 20, play would start from there.

Victor this is boring, but, please tell us just a bit more.  Ok, thanks.  New plan, rule. Kicker stands on his 35, resta the team on the opponent's 40.  Receiving team, at least 9 with a foot on their 35, one (or two) players in the receiving zone (goal line to 20).. ball lands short of 20, comes out to 40. Bounces in (or thru) end zone, comes to 30.  Neither team can move, ceptin the two, until the ball lands in the receiving zone, then, let the good times, and both teams, roll baby, it's on.  Clear, as the inevitable mud.  Radical change. Uncertainty is the only certainty.

Like life eh?

Weight for it.  The reason I wrote that, is, ya just, never ever know what one is going thru, been thru, will "always be there" to go thru.  Weight carried, varying degrees.  Varying tolerances.

I have what's called lymphedema.  It, basically, is where one's lymph nodes leak, the fluids go 'downhill', ie, edema, swelling feet, differn't parts for varying types.  It's difficult for me to stand for a long period.  I can keep it controlled, pretty much, by wearing compression socks 24/7, and, by elevating my legs for 20 minutes or so a couple times a day.  

Close your ears, or, open 'em real big, compared to MOST folk's problems, woes, my lymphedema is 'not a fucking thing', ie, trivial in comparison.  I've had friends, way too many, lose children.  Friends, loved ones, way too many, fight fight fight, round after round of chemo, radiation - some have lost, thankfully, many victorious.  Friends have lost mates, cared for them, many, for years.  Dialysis, insulin shots, pumps, neuropathy, MS, etc. Friends that have lost limbs, eyesight, breathing capacity diminished to almost nil. You name it, sadly, we've all seen it. Radical changes.  Oft times, we never know.

Life is, or at least can be, ugly.

Honest, I ain't preaching.  I'm simply pointing out, niceness is one big answer. Not wholly, to anyone's problems - but, it's a pretty darn good start if we could all, simply be nice to one another.  I slip, you slip.  Humans slip.

We never know, the weight of a person's battle.  One time a doctor asked me, and I can't even remember what my then ailment was... he asked "on a scale of 1 to 10, what's  your pain level?" I can't remember my answer, but, I remember asking him, "How do you know how much one can tolerate??, ie, what may be a 9 on a pain scale to one person, could be only a 2 or 3 to another. I don't remember his answer but I think it was along the lines of ya just never know.

Same with us humanoids.  Uncertainty is the only certainty.  It is hard, impossible, to know the weight, severity, issues, depth of what's going on, gone on, or will go on in one's life.

Nice wins.

Love you, Victurd

PS, I've decided, with tongue, uh huh, in cheek, lymphedema, to me, means I simply must look for, chase, slower women!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty is the only certainty........... Weight for it........

Criminy, Victurd's off on a tangent again. Yeah mebbe.  I was reading an article about the NFL's new kickoff rule... (Victor, you ta...