Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Who am I?............

Editor's note.. Written by me (The Who Am I dude)... first, after reading, yain't prolly gonna know my name anyways... this ain't so much about the search... I kinda fondly call it a human interest story about an interesting human. There, I said it!

If you read the article containing mosta the junk below............ you may happily go take a nap.

If yain't read the article containing mosta the junk below...... then cuss me, call me a plagiarist, I'll happily support your dander.  

If, after, already having read the article I've plagiarized, or, after reading the blog where I've plagiarized the article, and, ya still don't know whointhehell he is.....

I didn't either.

I went from law....... to politics..... back to law....... then finance...... (WAIT!~ This is Victor.  I switched jobs like crazy too. You mean, THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR ME TOO?.. No Victor, give it up, you're ancient. To quote Carole King, "And it's too late, baby, now it's too late, though you really did try to make it."  I will tellya though, I just seen some lady put a full jar'a a NEW peanut butter in the pantry goodie box infrtona the Presbyterian Church.. Run Forrest!)

I launched a podcast..   bought three TV shows.....  bought, gotme a copy of the Magna Carta and the Emancipation Proclamation. 

Wrote me some books........ Interviewed Kim Kardashian, Elon Musk and the last two US Presidents.... Joe even done stayed in my Nantucket home a few times.

Dad was a mailman........Mom, a homemaker...   played me some Little League baseball....

I don't drink alcohol....... or coffee... and I hardly ever take a vacation.. Some, I guess, would call me boring.

Back in '14, I made me a rap video.  Yeah.. . I was promoting the investment company I founded, The Carlyle Group..  hadme on a suit and tie, I snapped ma' fingers, bobbed my head..  "Takes a lot of brains to do what we do...looking for a way to make some dough for you."  Not too bad eh? I did it all too, wearing a pair of Beats headphones..  you know, them ones Dr. Dre invented that Apple bought for 3 Mil... well, The Carlyle Group had invested in them.

Nowadays.... Ya havfeta keep employees happy. I've kinda sorta figured that out. You want them to stay with you.. I'm trying the best I can.

Kinda like baseball players, I've done made me some errors... My investment firm has done pretty good... but, I once turned down the opportunity to meet, possibly invest in some startup company called Facebook or somethinglikethat owned by Zuckersomethinglikethat.  I also turned down an opportunity to purchase 20 percent of some company a feller named Bezos started.. told him, "If you're lucky and things work out, the most it'd ever be worth is $300 Mil.. Amazonorsomethinglikethat.

I like baseball Ray.....

In fact......

Somea the things I've done in 'my new job'....... well..  they lemme, at age 74, jump in the batting cage.. I SMACKED ONE, don't get excited, they's throwin' about 2mph.. so, I thought "this ain't nuttin'", jumped in the other batter's box to try lefthanded.  Nope. A Big NOPE.

One hot day game, me and the Oriole bird jumped up on toppa the dugout.. They announced me as "Mr. Splash"... I had goggles an'a floatie on... grabbed a hose....... sprayed the fans.. they seemed to like it......

Nice to meetya, my name is David Rubenstein, and me and some other dudes (one of 'em some guy named Ripken,) recently bought the Baltimore Orioles. Yeah yeah, I'm the primary owner, that's cool.

See?  I ain't never either.... I like him though.  He is one of 40 initial individuals who have pledged to donate 50% of their wealth to charity.  Those documents he bought, he 'lent' em to the National Archives.. Smithsonian, Mount Vernon, yada.

$13.5 Mil to The National Archives... $4.5 Mil to The National Zoo for it's panda reproduction program.. $10 Mil National Gallary of Art.. $10 Mil again to it.. $7.5 Mil to repair Washington Monument.. $3 Mil more to fix their elevator.. $50 Mil to the JFK Center for the Performing Arts.. $20 Mil to the The Thomas Jefferson Foundation... (All these donations, just go thru 2015........ Many, Many, Many more, $ince. He's some good dude.)

I recently had my longtime cummunications guy WHISTLE the National Anthem, that was fun. Kinda proud of the fact that we (The Orioles) won the American League East last year, are in First place right now - in spite of the fact we're in the bottom 5 of all MLB teams in payroll. Hard to keep up with them Yankees, Dodgers, the big TV contract folks.. et al.

Rubenstein, self professed as shy...... mingles with fans.. .shakes hands.. On Mother's Day, he had a group of Gold Star Mothers (moms who had lost a son or daughter serving in the armed forces) into his owner's suite for the second year in a row.

"He's very unassuming," said Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden, a Baltimorean who knows Rubenstein from their shared efforts to boost literacy. "I think he's actually a little shy, but, he's very curious about people and their backgrounds and their history. It's just part of who he is."

This blog ain't funny. I KNOW, I KNOW, the majority of 'em ain't. But.. but.. good news rocks, my take anyways.  A good man.  A giver.  Fun, with a capital F. Cares about others.

Me, Mr. "Get Ur Dayum Wiffle Ball outta my yard.......... smile at me when you hand me my fries there junior..  get offa my tail you Gosh Darn Tailgater"......... needsta read more stuff like this.

Have a wonderful.............. Tuesday.  Yep, just checked my pillbox...... Happy Tuesday.

Love, Victurd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark-thirty

You know the nighttime, darling (night and day) Is the right time (night and day) To be (night and day) With the one you love, now (night an...