Friday, August 9, 2024

Dizzy..........

Dizzy
I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it's you, life, making it spin
You're making me dizzy

Yes, yes........ I know, I know... the real lyrics say "girl" (making Tommy Roe dizzy) not "life."  Actually, his first hit, it was about Freda.  Huh?  Yeah, Tommy Roe left HS in Atlanta, GA.. After, he got a job at General Electric soldering wires.  Not long after... he came up with his first hit, Sheila.  I'd written this poem about a girl I had a crush on and her name was Freda.

The head dude at Judd Records (Jed Judd) said "I like it, but, we gotta do something about that title, ie, "Freida." Tommy went home, his Aunt Sheila was visiting, and, the rest is history.

"Almost evevybody I know has this sense of overdosing on information and getting dizzy living at post-human speeds."  Pico lyer.

Makes me dizzy Pico don't capitalize his last name.  Think he's a Liar notta lyer? Or, is that an "I"?  I dunno....

Dizzy
I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it's you, life, making it spin
You're making me dizzy

It is life that makes me dizzy.  If it ain't Simone Biles and her Yurchenko's, Amanar's, Tsukahara's, Produnova's and Chusovitina's (them'r all moves named after previous dizzy, twisting, turning, gymnasts...) it's Bobby Witt Jr goin' in the hole, sliding, turning, throwing a hunnerd and twelve mph to get the batter out.

Or, mean people. VICTOR!  I COME HERE TO GET AWAY FROM THAT KINDA CRAP!  Sorry... kinda... 

Dizzy
I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it's you, life, making it spin
You're making me dizzy

Roundabouts.  Roundabouts make me dizzy.  Standing up too quick sometimes.  The language of some'a our youth today makes me dizzy. VICTOR, YOU'RE AN OLD GEEZER!  Being an old geezer makes me dizzy sometimes.

Wheel of Fortune and my inability to get the correct answer before my buddies makes me dizzy.  Oh Vanna does too.  Well hell, she is (still) very perty.

Golf.  Golf makey me dizzy.  My buddy Tom is always my foursome partner.  He hits the ball long and straight 99% of the time.  Me, hitting mine (not far), driving (first left, then right, then 'righter', then back left, and finally) up to his ball - makes me dizzy, embarrassed and, I don't really care 'cause golf is like life.  Dizzying, but enjoy the heck outta it.

My head is spinning
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it's you, life, making it spin
You're making me dizzy

You're making me dizzy 

The Tilt-A-Whirl made me dizzy back in the day. As kids, in PE class, the old 'bat race', where, you place a baseball bat on the ground upright, you tuck your head down on toppa it, then, spin, spin, spin, spin (until coach says 'go') and, you run to first, or, ya try to.  My head is spinning like a whirlpool it never ends.

Inspections, rejections, elections, objections, defections, reflections, recollections, erections (VICTOR! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THIS IS A FAMILY BLOG!)... ahm, all that, makes me dizzy.  I've toldya before, I write about the past, ha.  And..ya can't have no family to make you dizzy if yain't got no JUST STOP VICTOR.

Ok, will.  

I shoulda done Spinning Wheel.

What goes up must come downSpinning Wheel got to go 'roundTalkin' 'bout your troublesIt's a cryin' sinRide a painted ponyLet the Spinning Wheel spin

I give up.

Me too. 

Forward by Gwen, Rhodri, Gwendolen, Rondel, Charkra and Mandala. (all them names mean 'circle'.)

Victor... remember yesterday?  Yeah?  That one (and only one person) asked "No blog today?".. yeah, I remember..  why?  They'll never ask that again.

You're making me Dizzy..........

Love, Victurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...