Wednesday, August 7, 2024

I can sea clearly now...........


 Johnny Nash... 1972.. Wheretheheck were you?  Had you made the transition from a litte dab of Bryclreem to two full hands of Prell shampoo and conditioner so you could then borrow your sister's hair dryer to dry all that 'mess' up?

Me too.

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone

I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
I think I can make it now, the pain has gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
I am IT iliterate.  There's a space up there between the first line and the second line to this song and i ain't got the foggiest how to fix it.  Moreso, I don't really care.  A female buddy'o mine stared out at my car last night... I love my car. It's a 2002 Buick Century... and like every car I've ever had with electric windows - one of 'em don't work, it's obviously 'taped up'.  "If you need some money, I'll help you fix it." I laughed, then thanked her.  "No, it's me. There's some symbolism there.
My beloved 2006 Caddy that met it's demise at dark-thirty thanks to Hy-Vee Grocery store hiding their light poles (Paid just over $4K for it, shop wanted well over $4K to repair, huh uh, but thanks)... Anyways...... driver's side window no worky.  Embarrassing, and, a pain at fast food joints.  Some were super nice, some, close your ears, kinda gave me that 'look down on you' glare. I don't care. Caddy dealier wanted $900 to fix my window, "well, there's three computer modules needed and two of 'em are in the trunk." Huh uh, but thanks.
Look all around, there's nothing but blue sky
Look straight ahead, nothing but blue sky
I can see clearly now, the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
Victor, we're bored.  And, that dooesn't even address the fact you TMI too much (that "po po pitiful me" self deprecation bit), but mainly, we're bored.  Yeah, me too, sorry.  You ever awaken in the middle'a the night and ask "Have I had enough sleep yet?"  If I were smarter, I'd have a big ole alarm clock, but honestly, I don't want one.  This morning, it was 3-something am (I do sleep with phone, play Sudoku to zonk, and, to see time)... I'd had roughly 6 hours sleep (Victor, WHY are you telling us?  Like, we care?)  I know..  I, honestly, try to relate junk about me to make you think, compare, well this is how I do it.
We're all different.  I go to bed early, arise early. Ex GF, she'd go to bed late, sleep late.  I'd get up at 2:30am, go to living room.. tv semi blaring. She was sitting upright on the sofa.. snoozing like crazy. Happened, a lot.
I decided, at 3-something am, I wanted to sleep more but was struggling.  That GF I mentioned, she too sometimes would struggle to go to sleep - so, she had this machine that would play the sound of the sea/ocean waves... relaxing like crazy. Sooooooooooooooooooo.... i figured I needed more sleep.. figured, by now, there was an app (a free app, scroll to 'po po pitiful me'), there was.. downloaded, and in under a minute and a half, I was 'back listening' to the soothing, crashing waves of the Sea of Cortez,  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'ing, yum.
Gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
Goin' for a bright, bright, bright sun-shining day
Gonna be a bright, bright...

But all that crap up there isn't what I wanted to talk about.  Sorry.  I struggle. I TRULY struggle with the game of golf.  Sadly (HAPPILY ACTUALLY) I love it.  I've had lessons.  Works for a couple rounds.  Huh uh.  I've watched more youtube videos on 'how to play golf' than all the hours I spent watching Captain Kangaroo back in the day. I don't get mad, I don't throw clubs, I just...... really suck at it.

So............. Decided to pick a couple of my favorite members at the course and ask, "How'd you learn?"

Each.  Self-taught.

But golf isn't really what I wanna write about.  VICTURD YOU'RE DRIVING ME BATTY.

Sorry. Kinda.

A Facebook post a friend shared really touched me yesterday. A short, 'simple' one.  It's about kids. Kids going back to school.  Golf is fun, extra fun.  School as a child, way more troublesome, challenging, sometimes, even cruel for a child.

There's no Youtube video for a child to specifically learn "How do I make it in this World?"  There are ALL  kinds of family, home situations that scream out "that child needs help, there's no one to guide him/her."  The words below help the child that has loving, caring parents- and that is so, so, very good. But... what about the kids who have to be self-taught in life?

I'm gonna go ahead and post the verbiage below. It's short, but (I think) impactive.  It really made me stop and think... and, remind me.. Golf is easy, so to speak, in comparison.

Have a yummy day, please sea to it. Love Victurd

"School is almost starting and I want to ask you a favor… Sit with your child for 5 minutes and explain that there’s never a reason to make fun of someone for their height, their weight, their skin tone, their home life or the things they enjoy.
Explain there’s nothing wrong with wearing the same shoes every day.
Explain to them that a used backpack carries the same dreams as a new one.
Teach them not to exclude anyone for "being different"
Explain to them that teasing hurts and that school is for going to LEARN, NOT to compete or spread negativity.
Remind them some kids don’t go home to loving families so it’s important to be kind. It all starts at home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...