Monday, November 7, 2022

Walk this way.......... or........ forgive me Imelda

Hello baby... Yeah, this is the Big Blogger speaking (relative to the scale in my bathroom)  Ha ha ha ha.. Oh, you sweet thing.. Do I what?  Will I what? Oh baby, you know what I like.. 

Chantilly lace and a pretty face and a ponytail hangin' down...  A WIGGLE IN HER WALK and a giggle in her talk, make the world go round....

I find 'walk' to be a really really neat word. "You must crawl before you can walk."  We, of the Hippie-dom era, scoff.  Replies might be, "do not"..  "why?".. or mebbe even, "Watch me".. the equivalent of "Hold my (milk bottle) and watch."

My oldest grand.  She never ever crawled.  Went straight from laying... to rolling over.. to sitting... to BEAR WALK, to walk.  Skipping crawling altogeher.  "See?  Toldya!"

Walks of life.  George Carlin said "See my beard, ain't it weird?"  We're all different.  Unique. Walks of life is purported to be all about 'different types of jobs and different levels of society.'  Eh, I spose. 

I am unique, just like you.  When naked, growing up, yes, seems to be about nature and or nurture  or nurture and or nature.

Of course, our folks walked uphill (both ways) 2 miles to/fro school.  Forrest Gump ran instead of walking.  I once heard, to burn off a Peanut M&M, you would need to walk the distance of a football field. Criminy.  I devoured an entire bag yesterday at work.  Brb, gonna walk to Smithville and back, home soon.

We (remember, WE are all alike ain't we?) walk 3.1 mph. In the average lifetime, we walk around the Earth 3 times (65,000 miles). No wonder I'm so damn tired all the time.

A typical pair of tennis shoes lasts for 500 miles of walking.  The Hippie-dom in me cries BS.  Close your ears, especially you Imelda... the last four years, I have worn the. same. shoe. 24/7 (except when I snooze of course) 365 days a year.  It's a blue slip-on (tying shoes is an art form learned in first grade, but given up on when one's waist gets to 40") tenny bopper comfy as hell and I don't give a rats what walk of life you judge me as, or, what walk you come from, it's just me, i reorder annually on Amazon (just did in fact). Imelda is that one lady from the Philippines who had over 3,000 pair of shoes.  Poor lady, she'd have absolutely no idea of what a stinking foot is.

We whistle while we walk.  We walk hand in hand.  Well, at least while courting.  Then, that turns to 'be for real', to, as you get older, you grab the hand again, hand-in-hand, mebbe bent on love, mebbe moreso as "catch me if I start to fall Gladys."

We booze it up.  Smoke pack after pack.  Eat all kindsa crap with sugar in it.  We talk back to our boss. Our spouse.  To that smart alec at the bar.  Each, would be considered walking on thin ice.  (Ever go to a meeting or someplace ya ain't never been around a buncha folks you don't know all that well?  Suggestion, as an ice-breaker, just say "Heavy penguins.")

We don't walk on water.

Many, many, have one eye on life and the other on the beach.  It is their end all, do all, be all. Me? It burns my feet, if I sit in it, I get sand in my buttcrack, spend 30 minutes trying to get it all off arms/limbs/cracks before I go to the hotel room. You. can't. get. it. out. of. the. rental. car. Like Chickenman, "he's (it's) everywhere, he's (it's) everywhere!"

Ouch, damnit:  walking on Legos, jacks, barefoot on asphalt, onto a thorn, broken glass.

Back in the day, our society was so blind, there were places only whites could walk. Hell, tweren't until 2012 that women were allowed to walk on the green, green grass of Augusta.  It wasn't until 2018 that women in Saudia Arabia were allowed to walk and get in the driver's side door of a car.  All walks of life, uh huh, right.

OK, my original intent was for this to be chirpy, not gloomy... I'm gonna stand up, take a baby walk, see if I can go from 'dis-position' (gloomy) to 'dat-position' (rosy, Pollyanna).

Whew, i now need a beer, I don't care if that puts me on thin ice, I'm thirsty dangit.

We can........amble.... careen... falter... flounder... limp... lumber... lurch... meander... parade (Parade walking, when you're infronta any horses, is fun).. prowl.. ramble...saunter... skulk (the hell's that?  "move stealthily").. somnambulate (in your sleep)... stagger (the thin ice drunk guy)..  stalk...  stride... stroll... strut (shake your tailfeather).. swagger... totter... trudge... waddle... wade...

I dated a gal once, she walked so dadgum fast, I couldn't keep up in the Orlando airport... and that was 7 years ago, ain't seen her since.

"Your walking speed can predict how long you'll live."  Damnit Jim.

The longest uninterrupted walk was 19,019 miles (true).  By the end, he'd stepped on every tile there was in the Piggly Wiggly, but he'd finally completed the grocery list his wife had given him.  (That part false.)

Thomas Jefferson's life expectancy was age 40 and he lived to be 83 by walking 4 miles a day.  Try it, mebbe you too will get put on the $2 bill.

Ever eat a pine tree? Ever see a dog 'walk' (or run) in it's sleep?

Today, 1 in 7 children walk to school. In 1970, 2 of 3 children did. That year rings a bell.

Walk of shame.  That's when your tee shot doesn't make it past the ladies tee.

These boots are made for walkin'. ....  Everybody get on your feet..you make me nervous when you in you seat.. take of your shoes and pat your feet.. we're doing a dance that can't be beat..we're barfootin' now, yeah.

Johnny wrote a song about marital fidelity, personal responsibility, and avoiding temptation in his first marriage to Vivian Liberto.. (Walk The Line).. She wrote a book "I walked the line" about her time Johnny.

Long walk, short pier.

Dog on leash, a nice, refreshing walk.  Let go, a nice, refreshing run. Walk tall and carry a big stick, especially if your hound is a miniature Schnauzer and you're on a path known for Great Danes, Rots and Pits.

 The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.  If you are in a bad mood, talk a walk. If you are still in a bad mood, take another walk.

I don't get it.  That trail looked so flat on the map.  The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it.

I get knocked down but I get again. (Moral to story, move one lane to the right of the high hurdles.)

The walk of life is grand. Much depends on your feet, what's on em, by your side, who's there.. with the wind, against the wind, rain, snow, sun, temp, sand, ice, concrete, rubberized, turf... this position, that position and disposition.

"Walk a mile in my (anyone's) shoes."  Mebbe next best thing to think of after the Golden Rule. We just don't know.  Why's he/she always mad, late, tired, grumpy, silent, crying, limping, in apparent struggle?  WE JUST DON'T KNOW, WE'VE NEVER WALKED IN THEIR SHOES. The answers might shock us, make us understand, perhaps even pray.

I'm walking to bed for a nap.  Forgive me Father I did eat that peanut M&M.  I'll walk the rest, tomorrow.  If the sun comes out like that little redheaded snotnosed kid says.  If not, I'll pay you Tuesday, I'll gladly pay you (back) Tuesday.

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...