Tuesday, October 24, 2023

So............. I Googled........

What to write about....

I found an article "100 Best Things To Write About When You Don't Know What To Write."  So, sucker, you are very stuck.  Forgive me father for I have blogged, blabbed and will undoubtedly again and again and again.

I get bored, like you.  Huh?  You don't get bored?  Whatta you do to combat boredom?  Chances are prolly good you'll walk into the room where your honey is, then, converse.  Well, I ain't got no honey.. a little grape jelly in the fridge, but that's about it.

Or, you may text, or, phone-a-friend...... 

Well... my eyeballs generally pop open between 3am and 4:30am. I once texted a buddy at 8am, and later, said buddy said "I can't believe you texted me before 9am."  So.... so much for that idea.

Speakina phone-a-fiend.. the guy.. the guy that wanted to be a millionaire on the show with the rediculous (I spelled ridiculous thataway on porpoise 'cause I've done seen it spelled like that 3 times in the last 3 days and it drives me batty. I know I misspell crap, but geez Louise, get a dictionary, or sumpin, or, note them red lines underneath.  Victor, you're pretty grumpy. Guilty, old, and stay offa my lawn.), the rediculous name.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?  Well who don't?  Dumb title (to me) but we tuned in like crazy.  "Regis, I'd like to phone a friend" said that one dude who, saw the question, it was his last step from a Mil.  OK, Reg' said.. Dude dials up his dad... "Dad, I don't have a question, but I just wanted to let you know I'm about to become a millionaire", answered the question, and the rest, said Paul Harvey, is glee (and the IRS). Good day.

"Tell your own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories."  Ann Lamott, Author.

Ok, so, it was October 13, 1952, I looked up and seen it was a female physician delivering me.  I'd never seen a female physician before.

Funny ha ha Victor, but, don't you remember, when you write crap about yourself, people run like cockroaches whenya turn the light on. Leave the light offa crap like that.

Interest and hobbies. I'm interested in people, smiles, fun, nature, feel goods, niceness, pets, (and animals too), yoga pants (hey, I'm old, not dead)..  I ain't gots no hobbies really. You? I play golf, but only because I'm interested in people, smiles, fun, nature, feel goods, niceness. And, because I work at a golf course, I ain't a millionaire and it's free 'cause I work there.  You still awake?

Experiences from every day. Even though Groundhog Day made Bill Murray rich, no one wants to hear about my everyday, or, don't shoot me, your everyday.  That's why we're here, to get away from everyday.. we need unusual, fun, 'unbore me' junk.

Oh, Nieces and Wordle.  I have two nieces. One sleeps normal hours, the other's hubby works for Frito Lay, ie, crazy early hours, which, coincide with me, so, on purpose insomniac niece and I Wordle battle every morning. We're usually done with battle some 4-5 hours before the other niece gets up so we don't bug her.  But, has been a fun arrangement learning of one's everyday, weekends, church, Pizza Night, weekend during the week (that too is a Frito aspect). Anyways, her starting  text this morning was 'How did you sleep?  I always thought that was a silly question.  How should I know?  I was asleep.!" I searched for the 'like' button, but she ain't on Facebook.

Feelings and emotions..  Ahm, ok.  A flash mob. Mahomes running left, throwing right, touchdown. A dog's tail, a kitty's purr. Little kid's excitement. Days off. Days on (color me a simpleton, I likes my job, which, is contrary to my buddy I worked with at United Airlines (Fernando, good dude).. he was Argentinaian, a baby accent... his famous line was "It not my yob man, it not my yob." Or Deek, our (just shoot me) grumpy ground mechanic.  He's the one, come time to get off, would take a magic marker, go to the calendar and SWIPE VERY ANGRILY a huge X thru the day, like, "Ha, I'm glad that bastard is over." If I was a turtle, I'd try to sneak outta that shell.

Thoughts and ponderings, yeah yeah, that. Done/do that.

Dreams without pressure. Eh, scroll to sleep "How should I know?"

Goals through the year.  Ahm, I ain't played basketball in over ten years.

Quirky and strange family. I admit to being 'Mr TMI' but I ain't going there.

Current events and news stories.  Patooey

Travel and adventure stories. I get that/those, via ossy-mosis from friend's trips on Facebook.  Pompei, Venice, Paris, Destin FL, DC, Cancun, yada.  Last week I did drive to Nelle Belles in Claycomo to eat breakfast. One can smoke there.  Adventurous eh?

The stories of people you've met.. Let's take the golf course say.  There's a guy, old like me, and he kinda repeats things. "Say, did I ever tell you about my 5 hole in ones?"  Yessir, 23 times you have.. "Well, the first one was............."  ok..   And... then, I thankfully have seen, witnessed, MANY put cancer in the rear view mirror. YAY!  There is good. It DOES happen. A lot.

Reviews of books,movies or TV shows....... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

How-to guides or tutorials on specific skills or hobbies. For years, I've worn out Youtube time after time trying to understand those Brits that give golf tips.  Then, I go shoot a hunnerd. (If you don't play golf, that ain't good.)  Rinse, repeat, shoot a hunnerd, rinse, repeat, shoot a hunnerd.  So, screw how-to, now on Youtube I go to Ray Charles, the Rolling Stones, Tracy Chapman ("Gimme One Reason To Stay Here" looking at chip chip cheerio golf tips when I always, ALWAYS suck at golf?)

Reflections on life, love or happiness...  Ahm, this is a blog, notta novel. Next life mebbe.

Things to write poems about... like, the rhythm of moving water maybe... 
I sat on the ridge.
There was water under the bridge.
I know this is so, cause you could see it flow.
A bird swooped down, a meal was his (or her) wish.
He (she) ascended, and in his (her) mouth was a fish.
He wondered aloud, the four people who come here to read, asleep yet?
Cause this (the poem) is kinda a stupid idea, as in, all wet.

Things to write songs about, like, the sound of plants growing (if you could hear them.)
The fern growled stern, chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, dontya jes' love it.
The succulents had flatulence, chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, dontya jes' love it.
The ZZ Plant snored, I'm getting bored, chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, dontya jes' love it.
The orchid flipped its lid, grown to 13 feet four, twas'a hollerin "FEED ME SEYMOUR." chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, dontya jes' love it. This is the stupidest idea I've ever had.

Tune in tomorrow, or don't, as I'll have an idea even stupider probably.

I know stupider to actually be a word.. 'cause one time, band camp.. my stepson's teacher laughed when relating a story to us during the 2nd grade teacher's conference:

"We were studying the planets, solar system.. I'd asked if anyone had anything to share about a planet or such.. Your son raised his hand so I called on him, he stood up and announced "Girls are from Jupiter, that's why they're stupider."

I've been in the write place, but it musta been the wrong time.

Salude'

Love, Victurd









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...