Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thanks.......

Seems to be the apropos time to do that, give, offer thanks.

July, 3rd, 2005 my first blog.  Today's blog, #2058.

That includes a lotta stupid ones. Way too many TMI ones.  Fer sure some "Ain't it awful", "Woe is me", self pity ones.

Plenty where I preached, but, I'm only 'ordained' to blog.

For certain, more than a few written after a beer or two.  Most, very early morning, written accompanied by coffee. And you.

You there.  Thank you.

Some who've read are no longer with us.  May they rest in peace.

Some who usedta read no longer do, and hey, that's OK.  I'm not huge on twisting arms. I worry about offending people, and if I ever have, did, certainly wasn't intentional.

For those still here who occasionally hit 'like' or send nice words (or even just read), thank you.

A few years back, I bought a 2002 (I think it was) Mercury Grand Marquis.   The guy who owned it had passed on and his daughter sold it to me. One owner, the 'door combination' was his date of birth. It came complete with black electrical tape over the constantly lit CHECK ENGINE LIGHT because the glare from the light bugged him.

As we ride this rollercoaster together, check engine lights DO come on, illuminate. Sure they bug us, but, aging helps in our reaction to same.  This blog, you, have really helped me to not worry so much about 'stuff'.  'S' happens.  Doesn't happen to bug me (and hopefully you) as much as we pile up the miles.

Death, taxes and checkenginelights are certain.

As are nice people, like you.

Monopoly tells us "Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to jail."  Tomorrow, however, after downing the turkey, dressing, spreading family love, go directly to the dessert table.  Have a piece of pecan, or, pumpkin pie.  Or, why not both?

Thank you, truly for being here. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The eyes have it...

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. She's got Bette Davis eyes.  She’s not just captivating in her looks, she’s got the...