Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving Buffett......

Victor, that's not how a food BUFFET is spelled.  Ya got an extra T there.

Pipe down Judy Hensley.

Victor, whointhehell is Judy Hensley?

Judy Hensley was in Leave It To Beaver's class.. . the prototypical 'hall monitor'..... snitch... delighter of glee when others are in misery, or, this case, Missouri.

You can call me Ray, or you can call me Judy, but ya doesn't have to spell Thanksgiving BuffetT with TWO T's, it's only one.

Ray, Judy, whoever you are, YOUR WRONG!

TEACHER!  TEACHER!  I DECLARE, VICTOR SPELLED "YOU'RE" WRONG!

Actually, YOUR WRONG is correct.  As in, it's your wrong believing I spelled it incorrectly.  Article this morning in the paper (which is fancy for online, hardly anyone reads the real, live paper any more).. about Warren BuffetT.  You know, the rich guy with kajillions and kajillions?  Yes, I remember him.

Anyways, he's giving thanks, and giving back - his riches. He just donated more than $870 million to four charitable foundations.  The donations "supplement certain of the lifetime pledges I made in 2006 and that continue until my death (at 93, I feel good but fully realize I am playing in extra innings)," Buffett said Tuesday in a statement. 

"Ghost on second."

Victor?  Are you talking about, like, when you and another Flanigan child battled two other Flanigan children in the front yard in wiffle ball... and.. you got multiple men on base, but there were only two 'real' people on your team, so, you walked off 2nd and announced "Ghost on second" or, "Man on third" so you could go bat?

That's a good summation (Judy) but no, well, kinda sorta.  I'm talking about the rule put into effect under Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred's helm, where, when extra innings happen, the tenth inning will start with a "Man on second", "Ghost runner" if you will.

How come?

To speed up the game. The NFL has surpassed MLB in popularity, baseball is pretty much (my take) only really beloved by us old geezers.  Folks be in a hurry nowadays.  Ain'tya noticed?  When's the last time you went the speed limit and, the rest of the traffic did as well?  A long time. It's hurry, hurry, hurry.  The games are getting too long. We gotta get young'ns 'back in the game', ie, interested.  Hurry.  We geezers are thinning out.

My 'old geezer take' on whips (that's short for whippersnappers) and snots (that's short for snotnoses) is that they might say something like "Move over, hell, I don't wanna live to be 90."  

Well... I (me, the old geezer who loves Thanksgiving BuffeT's, 17 inning ballgames) and not only a baseball purist, but a life purist. I would say (to the whip/snot) "Ask him/her at age eighty-nine, 364 days, "ya sure you don't wanna live to be 90?"  Of course that won't happen, because by then we'd all be 153 years old.

The point being....... VICTOR? Sometimes you really have a point in these writings?

Yes, Judy, I do.

Slow down, ya move too fast, Ya got to make the morning last, just, kicking down those cobblestones, lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy...

Groovy?  You really ARE a geezer aren't ya,  Yes Judy, I am.

DON'T CALL ME OLD!  I personally vote, call me any ole name ya wanna, it's a blessed thing to be old.  Right Warren?  Agree Keith Richards?  And the more I think about this, I realize you were always on my mind (too) Willie.  Agree about the aging thing?

We're old.  Victor, we're not old.  Old is 80 or 90 something.  True, but, take a peek around. We're losing folks, good folks, way, way too soon, and way, way too damn frequently.  Sure, I do hope to still hit a golf ball 170 yards when I'm 80, 85.  Victor, you can't do that now, how would you believe you will hit it that far at 80, or 85.  Bite me Judy. Just let us be.... exist.

So, next time ya tailgate a geezer... we might be kinda smart aleck and slow down a bit to the point you'll finally pass us... oh, and whenya do and we show you that one finger sign, what we're really saying is "We just want one more year, or 12, 15, 20 maybe." I dunno, ask me when I'm eighty-nine, 364 days... yep, I want tomorrow.

It's our hope, wish, The Sun'll Come Out, Tomorrow, right Annie/Judy/Whippersnapper/Snotnose? And, that we'll be around to see it.

"Age is just a number. Life and aging are the greatest gifts we could possibly ever have."  Cicely Tyson

Right on Cicely! Far out!  We don't ask for much. Senior coffee prices at Mickey D's is nice... Half off on Tuesday's at the Thrift Store, yep.. and mebbe even the 10% off AARP rate at the Motel 6.  Sure Victor, we'll leave the light on.

GREAT!  We'll be there in a minute.  (Ahm, that's 60 mph, not 68, 73, yada) First though, we gotta run (ok, waddle) by the QT to check to see if these 7 Powerball tickets I got in my coat won anything, then, we gotta pick out 12 new scratchers after we turn in the one we won $6 on.

Ba da-da da-da da-da, feelin' groovy.  On the road again (right Willie?) Start Me Up (right Keith?) Man on second, ghost on first. PLAY BALL!  POP CORN, PEANUTS, SCORECARDS!  Hey, gimme a bag of peanuts perty please. Here ya go sir!

Mildred, can I borrow your teeth to crunch these shells? I'll give 'em right back...

Today, we give thanks for aging. 

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...