Friday, April 26, 2024

A little diddy.. about Jack and Diane... and/or Sally... Sue... Clarice..

NIL, Transfer Portal, NLI, Verbal Commitment.. plain ole plain ole transfer......

Class ring with yarn....     Here comes the (this) bride....    Until Divorce do us part........

Entreat me not to leave thee'...   dayum, did you see how green that grass is?

Victor, I'm highly confused.  Are you going to carry on and talk about Sports?  Or, relationships?

Yes.   I am.

Long ago (and not so far away)....  I sat in the Principal's office.  No, I wasn't in trouble.  I'd taken 2nd place on my dream job of Elementary PE Teacher/Basketball Coach in my hometown. The reason I sat in this office was misogyny, I ain't kiddin'.  Yes, two weeks into the year, a 2nd position opened up.  There was a lonnnnnnngtime PE teacher... and, the District hired a female Principal at the school he taught at. He no likey that, walked out, left, quit, take this job and shove it, I ain't workin' for no female. A little diddy about Jim and Irene. Two sides to every board, but I think I got that right.

(Back to the Principal's office...2nd week of school year)..  So..... There I was, I was taken to a place, The hall of the mountain kings, I stood high by the mountain tops...... NO... that ain't it.

So there I was...  Nervous, excited, hell to the yeah, I got a teaching job, THE teaching job.... 

I whisper. I do.  Yes, I know, not here. I'M LOUD HERE BUT I whisper in real life, kinda sorta.  In the Principal's offfice... Nice lady, 'cept that other guy didn't think so, he bootscooted, "You lady, or any lady, ain't the boss'a me" or something like that.  Anyways, nice lady noticed my whisper.  Asked "So, you have a nice, soft voice.. how do you plan to compensate for that in your teaching?"

I have no recall of how I answered, but she didn't show me the door other than to say "Seeya Monday."

I forced you to go thru all that to get to......I AM THE WHISPERER.  No, not a horse whisperer.. a whisperer in volume... 

Oh, and...  In quitting smoking...HA!.. and... personal finance..  HA!..  and, I am a relationship whisperer..  HA! HA and HA!

Victor, you just wasted however long it took me to read that, ie, precious time in my day.

Sorry.......

Kinda.

And.... the Jeopardy clue is........ "oil, underwear, college selection, mates."

THINGS YOU CHANGE?  I suck at remembering to change the oil...  undies, begrudgingly whether i need to or not..  i did go to 3 colleges before I gradjugated... and uh huh, mates.

This all started, Sport's page... sorry...  THE best quarterback in 'the portal' (PORTAL is fancy for, take this college and shove it, you didn't play me enough, at the right position, I can get more NIL money there, my girlfriend goes there, the weather is better, closer to home, truth being, I DON'T NEED TELL YOU WHY, seeya.)

The #1 QB (and I don't mean to pick on him, just,   an/the example today.)  Originally told Miami "I'm coming (outta HS)..   Let's call Miami "lovely Rita meter maid"..  that didn't work.  "I'm signing with Florida."  NIL money deal fell thru.... "Arizona State, following in the footsteps of my father, here I come."

Four games there (Arizona State)..  hurt knee..  because he didn't play enough games for it to qualify as 'one of his years', he now has four years of college eligibility.  Oh, Georgia. He's going to Georgia.

VICTOR?  Dare we post all your "once was's"?  Nuh uh, I said, jokingly, I was "the Relationship Whisperer."

Victor, this is not fun. In fact, kinda depressing.  Agreed.  Such is life. Many never leave their hometown.  Put that ring (complete with yarn) on a finger, and it's a forever and ever thing.  YUMMY! And, KUDOS!

My OP ED.  Victor, shuddup.  I know, should.  I just think we, football players, basketball players, husbands, wives - give up too damn easily nowadays. No relationship is perfect, and I think 99.9% of the time it takes two to tango/screw it up.  I have long thought... we/two, need to somehow ensure the other is listening, really listening (and willing to) and have a heart to heart before jumping.  Counseling if need be.  SURE, both are at fault.. look into it.  Fix it if at all possible.  Explore, not, hit door.

All that said.........  I've seen car odometers hit 300,000 miles for them there that change their oil every 3,000 miles.  I dun bought me enough undies, I can change 27 days in a row now.  We've all seen kids from transfer portals really improve teams, be happy, a perfect puzzle piece.

Had a buddy get divorced.  Devastation to the point of us worrying about you-know.  Happy to report, TRULY, he's happier than ever, uh huh, with another.

So.  Sometimes, change is good.

Local news is over, grabbing remote, changing to ESPN now.  Soon, time for shower.  Let's see.. yesterday was 'flip day', so yeah, undie change in order today.

Then, quick trip to library. I'll fit right in, ya gotta whisper there.

Then, monthly luncheon with a group of guys I went to school with.   Looks, Si, changed much.  Maturity level (all of us), not so much.

"To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."  Winston Churchill.

I hearda him before.  Seems he was either the college recruiter..... a divorce counselor...   worked for Indeed..  owned a Valvoline franchise..  sumpin'.

Got any spare change?

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Old Lady that Swallowed the Fly.......

I know an old lady She swallowed a fly But I don't know why She swallow the fly I guess she'll die Victor...... why do you put us th...