Thursday, April 18, 2024

Like a red rubber ball.....

Ya got me goin' in circles........

Life, me thinks, is a big ole circle.  

Everywhere ya turn, circle.  Hand me that binky, wouldya mom?  It's hot out, bootscoot, please, to WallyWorld, buy me one'a them round, $12.99 'wim pools wouldya?

Dodgeball.  You there in the middle of the circle.  We're coming to getya.  Who ain'?  Who ain't took onea them red rubber balls upside the face, and proudly shone that red pattern on the cheek until the school busses pulled out for the day?

Sitting Indian style in a circle.  Sounds easy don't it.  Imagine today.  OK, you folks over there in the West Wing of the Assisted Living facility, come on over here and let's all sit, Indian style, in a big ole circle. Uh huh, right. Time that happens you've already missed lunch, afternoon snack and it's bedtime.  I ain't sat Indian style since onea them Bush's was in office, maybe even before that.

I was gonna do a blog about Baseball Ray, but, it's been pointed out, not everyone enjoys sports like me. Or, as my ex pointed out (VICTOR!  DO NOT DISS ON YOUR EX).. ahm, she pointed out "Victor, not everyone gets as excited about your ideas as you do."

The point was. Baseball. It's round. It's hard. Baseball teaches. Teaches about....... lots.  Being a team member.  Observing, seeing, there are varying skill levels within every given situation.  Seeing how the leader, usually onea the dads, handles that, or not. Seeing how the kids, handle that or not.

You can learn all about ridicule, and how ugly it is.  Clique circles within, yuck. Sometimes, bullying happens amongst teammates, and bravo to the leaders within who put that fire out.  There's the bigheaded dudes.  The really good ones who letya know it.  Patooey. Again, bravo to the leaders within for putting them in their place.

However.......... much good can happen.  Work. Hard work. Repetition. Goals. Attainment, sometimes. Courage.  Striving to hear an atta boy, admiring a teammates skill, play, then passing out an atta boy.  Victor, enough about baseball.  Yes, you're correct, I'll stop. One last diddy. Baseball teaches you when to stop.  Everyone, reaches that point at some point.

Balls. All kinds.  We done talked playground ball, baseball. Add ping pong balls, golf, basketball, softball, soccer, pool balls.. hockey pucks are round...  then, all kindsa gobbledy goop:

Bagels, Bangles, Bottle caps, CD's, clocks, donuts, globes, limes, oranges, onions, onion rings, pizza, pupils (the eye kind), TP, the moon, the sun, the earth.  

"The whole universe is based in rhythms. Everything happens in circles, in spirals." John Hartford.

Wedding rings.  Wow, now that's a circle.  Ogle. Flirt. Smooch. Wanna? Coins, lotta coins for heap big wedding.. 2,497 wedding pics.. having my baby, what a lovely way... diapers, soft food, first chomp out of a banana.. PTA, Driver's Ed, oh mercy, graduation, empty nest. What? You're back? Honey? I'm preggo. NO! Not... again?  Annuder circle.. care for elderly parents.. work, toil, jumping thru hoops, I wanna be 65.. 65 happens.  Oh shit, I can't sit Indian Style.

Ya done steered a lotta miles with that round wheel. Bought a lotta tires.  Noticed, round potholes, bumps in the road, no matta' what ya drive.  'Gone around and around' a time or twenty in life with a family member, coworker, fellow student, teammate, mate, Republican (OK damnit, Dems too).. 

Trips around the Sun.  Blocked ever so intermittently by the round moon.

Ya got me going in circles.

Somea my favorite circles.  Fire pit, friends circled.  Family meals around the table, yum. Grandparents, parents, siblings, mates, kids, grandkids.  Yum.

All life teaches with 'been there, done that' circles.

There is really NO figuring out life.  They say, "well, he/she has been around the block."  Last time I checked, blocks were square.

"Circles create soothing space, where even reticent people can realize that their voice is welcome."  Margaret J. Weatley

Damnit... reticent?  Circling back to Google.. back in a sec..  "Not revealing one's thoughts?  Hell to the no, that ain't me.  I write TOO damn much, as in TOO with two big ole circles.  Sorry, kinda.

I'm gonna get out of here. First, the tail end of one of my favorite songs, Ball of Confusion by the Temps. (1970 in case ur keepin track Casey Kasem.)

The sale of pills are at an all time highYoung folks walking round with their heads in the skyThe cities ablaze in the summer time
And oh, the beat goes on
Evolution, revolution, gun control, sound of soulShooting rockets to the moon, kids growing up too soonPoliticians say more taxes will solve everything
And the band played on
So, round and around and around we goWhere the world's headed, nobody knows
Oh, great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to youJust a ball of confusionOh yeah, that's what the world is todayWoo, hey
Fear in the air, tension everywhereUnemployment rising fast, the Beatles new record's a gas
And the only safe place to live is on an Indian reservation
And the band played on
Eve of destruction, tax deduction, city inspectors, bill collectorsMod clothes in demand, population out of hand, too many billsHippies moving to the hills, people all over the world are shouting, end the war
And the band played on
Great googa-looga, can't you hear me talking to youSayin' ball of confusionThat's what the world is today, hey, hey
Let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear yaSayin', ball of confusionThat's what the world is today, hey, heyLet me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear ya, let me hear yaBall of confusion

BUT TOO, IT'S A PERTY DAMN GOOD CIRCLE...........LIFE.

The best to you, 
Love, Roundhead, er, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...