Saturday, April 20, 2024

Tots or fries?

Quite often I feel compelled to explain Lucy the what, why of the chosen given topic. (Crickets, Victor.. they're all still asleep, or, 'better' yet, maybe no one cares, comes here.)  Yeah mebbe.

As I went to snooze last night, I thought about sending me a text along the line of "What do people think is fun"... but, didn't, awoke today.. and remembered that anyways..

I Googled it...  a Reddit post popped up.. BUT... insteada what do people think is fun, the Reddit post was about what things are widely considered fun that you find boring?  

Awaiting vultures (Reddit is like Wiki, any ole person can comment) lit into "Watching sports, reality TV shows, soaps, talent shows.. basically most popular TV." .... In keeping with a fairly long trend of one getting sideways in a social media discussion, next dude (or dudette) wrote "I never understood this trend on Reddit, and eventually if one day I do, I will still probably think it's stupid." Tastes great. Less filling.

An apparent love of sports added "If you can't watch sports, try drinking while you watch sports."  Nudder answered "I have and I can only go as far as motorsport and rugby."  Then the dreaded "Watching sports requires you to take a side, even if it's for a ludicrous reason."

I agree, the above is pretty boring, sorry, really.

What would life be though without sides?  There would be no "HEEEERRRREEEESS JOHNNNY" without Ed McMahon.  You'd have to forego one of, either Pickin' or Grinnin' if ya didn't have both Roy and Buck.  Cagney couldn't solve crap without Lacey. If there were no Barney, Mayberry RFD (and Andy) would stink it up should they use either Gomer or Goober to replace.

Hatfields, McCoys would have picnics.  Ali would help "Down goes Fraizier" getup.  MICHAEL IS THE GOAT.. . NO, IT'S LEBRON... can we just shuddup and play basketball?

Me personally?  Fries over tots.  Mashed potatoes and corn (versus peas, green beens, beets/patooey, yada)... and anyone that plays KU, those are the sides I pick.

Victor, you're writing REALLY short paragraphs.

THERE, blocked that asswipe, never happen again, sorry.

There's a local talk radio show... fun.. my take anyways. They recently asked for people to anonymously call in with kinda sneaky, almost illicit things they've done.  A KCMO cop called in.  "If I stop a car.. and if the car has a KU license plate, decal, Jayhawk, or the person driving is wearing KU gear, I'm writing a ticket."  LOVE YOU OCCIFER!

What would a 45 record be if the A side didn't have a corresponding B side.  I mean (I hate when people begin sentences with 'I mean").. I mean, we wouldn't have Unchained Melody, Hound Dog, Color My World, We Will Rock You.......... many.

Taking sides... Different story.  Oft times, one can't win for losing.  Once again I leaned on Google and asked "Things people take sides on" First article that popped up, "IT'S A LOSE-LOSE SITUATION." Spoke to witnessing a relationship breakdown of mutual friends.. or, perhaps you were a child between warring parents... There ain't no way out.  Refuse to pick a side you're a fence-sitter... inaction makes you disloyal or maybe even cowardly.

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous, you get knocked down by traffic from both sides." Margaret Thatcher

STOP VICTOR!  FOR ALL TOO LONG WE, USN'S IN THE USA HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH 'WE/THEY', 'US/THEM'.. GET OFFA MY LAWN...  OH YEAH? BUT WHAT ABOUT... Mick might say "Hey, hey, you, you, get off of my cloud..Hey, hey, you, you, get off of my cloud..Hey, hey, you, you, get off of my cloud.. Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd.. On my cloud baby"

WE NEED CALM.

LEVITY.   "He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."  Yogi Berra

Victor, why don't you do like you did to your hound pooch Gabe on the 4th of July.,  go in a room, close the door, turn out the lights and crank classical music?

He called the doctor, woke him up and said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take, I say, doctor, to relieve this bellyacheI say, doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take I say, doctor, to relieve this bellyache?"
(Bellyache = who cooks, who cleans, sex, the thermostat, parenting, affection - perhaps the lack thereof, responsibilities, Holidays, money, which-way-to-place-face the TP, OMG,. STOP VICTOR)

OK.  Will.

Music usually helps me (like it helped my hound pooch Gabe.)

So...... I'm gonna try....... Take a walk on the wild side....  Time is on my side... On the sunny side of the street..  

Hey?  Is money an issue, a thorn in the side?  I've got buddies, I kid you not, they pick out weddings to go to. No, they don't know no one, but... you see, you got the bride side and the groom side, and no one knows the other side, there ain't no getting caught.. .what better?  FREE Hor'dourves, drinks, cake, dancing, be merry, laugh until your side hurts!

See my beard, ain't it weird?  No, that ain't it.

I find it kinda ironic... the song "Come Together" by the Beatles led off the last album they ever did together.

You're looking at me?  THE C+ STUDENT for answers?  Be for real!

Heck I dunno.  Listen more, talk less I guess.  Stay in your lane. Agree to disagree but hells bells why even start? Drink more Ovaltine.  Put the lime in the coconut.  Take two aspirin, call me in the morning.

Give peace a chance.........

Love, Victurd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks..........

 Once again, I made the dreaded mistake of, strolling, page by page thru the newspaper.  I do so virually every morning, and.... as I finall...